Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Approved I 130 void existing valid B1/B2?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Approved I 130 void existing valid B1/B2?

As my wife and son got their approval of I 130 in hand while visiting usa with B1/B2 multiple entry visa of 5 years in hand. But they came back after staying 5 month with me there as I am already a citizen. Now I want them to take with me for a short visit to usa again with me next month. Now should my wife and son face any problem to enter now that their I 130 got approved even though they have 4 more year of valid b1/b2 stamped?

Originally posted by Rickyon007 View Post
    As my wife and son got their approval of I 130 in hand while visiting usa with B1/B2 multiple entry visa of 5 years in hand. But they came back after staying 5 month with me there as I am already a citizen. Now I want them to take with me for a short visit to usa again with me next month. Now should my wife and son face any problem to enter now that their I 130 got approved even though they have 4 more year of valid b1/b2 stamped?
    The visa is still valid. However, just because a visa is valid doesn't mean the person won't have problems entering. Any time someone enters on a visitor visa they need to show they don't intend to stay, and that is hard for someone who is the beneficiary of an approved Immediate Relative petition.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation