X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katycab
    replied
    I believe that NYC works in the immigration *field*, but not for "immigration" (ie- uscis). I see many immigrants that are hostile towrds illegal immigrants, under the theory that "they make them look bad" or that "they didn't go through the wait/time/whatever" that hey did. However, I think that noone really believes that most illegals wouldn't love the oppurtunity to wait, file, pay, etc if they had *some way to qualify*. The problem is that most illegal aliens did not qualify even if they waited forever.

245(i) did allow adjustment, even if you *were* illegal, but only if you now had a way to qualify (through work or family). However 245(i) has expired (and its most recent incarnation had a $1,000 extra fee).

NC does not require proof of immirgation status, but they do require ITIN, insurance, and proof of residency in NOrth Carolina.

NJ is a wonderful place with a variety of different environments, from urban to very rural. It is unfortunate that many of the State Troopers are over-militaristic. However they mostly have jurisdiction over the Turnpike, Parkway, and other interstates.

Leave a comment:

• Piv
    replied
    IRS created for all those not elligible for SSN ITIN, which is Individual Tax ID number.

And please find me an ethical lawyer, because I don't know any.
    And here is a fragment from immigration website abour 245(i) paragraph:." If you entered the United States unlawfully, or if you entered with permission but did not stay in lawful status, you normally would have to leave the United States in order to apply for an immigrant visa. Special rules under Section 245(i) may allow you to apply to adjust status without leaving the United States.

Doesn't this mean that they do allow illegal immigration?

How nice that NYCimm is an immigrant himself/herslef and now works for immigration and hopes that all illegal will be deported. Just lovely. Good luck to you all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Why would you want to live in New Jersey anyway ? I guess even New Jersey is better than whatever hellhole this clown crawled out from under. If BCIS doesn't get him, I hope a New Jersey State Trooper kicks his ***. New Jersey State Troopers are required to be ex Marines so a *** kicking there will be !

Leave a comment:

• NYCImmParalegal
    replied
    Piv said:
    >>According NYCImmParalegal driving is a privilege and illegal presence is unlawful, but allowed by immigration. As long as you pay your fees to immigration and thousand of bucks to your lawyer, wait your turn, sooner or later you will become a lawful resident.

It's not according to me, but it's according to the laws of the land. Driving is indeed a privilege, not a right. And illegal status in the U.S. is NOT allowed by immigration. Again, unless there is an amnesty, there is almost zilch that an illegally present person in the U.S. can do, even by paying thousands to an attorney (who would, in my opinion, be unethical to accept this money). The point is that the laws as they stand now do not allow illegally present people in the U.S. to legalize their status. They will always be subject to the 3/10 year bar or deportation or possible fraud charges (for using false documents) etc.

Leave a comment:

• moondin
    replied
    >I am ILLEGAL here

BOO!!!!

>USA is a country of immigrants.

LEGAL immigrants.

>My petition to adjust my status has been

How can you adjust if you're *illegal*? Unless you're out-of-status and adjusting through marraige. ??

>Don't forget American Citizens: most of
    >illegal immigrants do jobs that you would
    >never consider taking.

Don't also forget. There's LAW-ABIDING mexicans who clean toilets in mexico city, and somalians in Africa who also would LOVE to do these jobs -- but their only fault is that they're LAW-ABIDING and respect our laws and don't jump the border. For every illegal farm worker -- i'd like to deport and replace with a legal mexican who lives in mexico and would like to LEGALLY come here and work in a farm and do these jobs.

>But IRS takes their taxes

How can you pay taxes if you don't have legal right to work and can't get a SSN??

>Illigall immigrants will not leave the
    >country,

Has nothing to do with that. Illegals will *never* leave til deported. The point is to DISCOURAGE future illegals to come here. If we roll out the red carpet, hell yeah more are gonna come.

>which is 36 billion dollars. Isn't that more
    >less the amount of California state debt?

Boy are you in liberal-land with those numbers!

-= nav =-

Leave a comment:

• Piv
    replied
    I am sorry. I made a mistake. 36 bln dollras is a close number of California budget deficit.

Leave a comment:

• Piv
    replied
    I live in NY and my DL is going to expire in few days and I was not granted its extension.
    I am ILLEGAL here, like other 8 million people. I would like to remind many of you that the idea of USA is a country of immigrants. Most of your ancestors were immigrtants, legal or not legal. As many of illegal immigrants living here, I am paying my taxes and insurance for my car, as well as other bills. Believe it or not I am in charge of 20 people, most born Americans here, because I know more than they do.
    My petition to adjust my status has been pending with DOL already for few years and nothing is moving, but sooner or later I will be granted legal residency in this country.
    As soon as my DL will expire I will leave my car on my driveway and will be taking taxi or one of my American friends will be taking me to work. I wouldn't like to find myself in a situation where I am going to be hit by a drunken driver, and still be at fault since I will no longer caryy a DL.

Don't forget American Citizens: most of illegal immigrants do jobs that you would never consider taking. Thank to them you can eat cheaper food, your stores, houses and streets are clean.And they get paid less than USC.
    But IRS takes their taxes, banks gives them credit for houses and loans for cars.
    It is very contradicting: why take taxes and give all those credits? Because, the country makes money on them.

According NYCImmParalegal driving is a privilege and illegal presence is unlawful, but allowed by immigration. As long as you pay your fees to immigration and thousand of bucks to your lawyer, wait your turn, sooner or later you will become a lawful resident.

I think the whole Driver License issue is going to cause more problems. Terrorist will not be stopped. Illigall immigrants will not leave the country, even worse they will be driving their cars without DL hoping they would not get caught.
    If we stop driving think how much money insurance and car dealer will loose:
    5 year old car can be purchased for $7,000, full insurance for average $2,000. Now multiply that number by only half of immigrants in US;4 mln, it will come up to 36,000 000 000, which is 36 billion dollars. Isn't that more less the amount of California state debt?

Leave a comment:

• moondin
    replied
    This is the logic:

Illegals can't work. Therefore, they have no source of income.

Getting a DL means you can buy/drive, etc. a vehicle.

Vehicle costs money to upkeep, smog check, and buy insurance.

How is an illegal be able to make car payments, and pay insurance? Oh yeah, work ILLEGALLY.

So in a nutshell, giving them a DL almost encourages or validates them working illegally. So now they can even drive to their ILLEGAL jobs.

They're *illegal*. Meaning, they have no right to be here. There's NO REASON we should be rewarding those who jump our borders, yet the honest ones who still live in Mexico, and have decided NOT to jump our borders -- get no breaks.

** This is MY solution:

DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Take EVERY mexican who's decided to be honest and live and work in Mexico -- with a green card.

TOTAL IRONY. But i'd rather see the honest hardowrking mexicans in mexico get a chance to live there, than the ones who broke our laws to get here.

-= nav =-

Leave a comment:

• qwerty
    replied
    Someone12:Let me assure you that I know a lot more about the "real world" than you seem to. Illegal immigrants (just like any other person in the United States) want a Driver's License so they can travel from point A to point B, they want to be able to buy car insurance and drive on the roads , you are right they also need ID (Just like all other US Residents). I am curious about the "scams" you are referring to. I am certain any "scam" you speak of is not limited to illegal immigrants. I would also like to know how you are paying for "their presence here" - do you think if there were no more illegal immigrants you would get a tax break? Most illegal immigrants (again like most legal US Residents) pay taxes.
    You are ignorant inasmuch as you believe all illegal immigrants do not pay taxes, do not have medical insurance (let me assure you that I know a lot more illegal immigrants than you do - and a lot of them have medical insurance, pay taxes, own homes, some even have their own businesses).
    You don't understand what it is like to try for years to become American - (most of these people have no option but to remain here illegally). I would like people like you to be a little more tolerant - when was the last time your personal life was adversely affected by the presence of illegal immigrants in this Country?

Leave a comment:

• NYCImmParalegal
    replied
    Again, driving is not a right. Driving is a privilege. Therefore, there are rules. I hate to differ here, but I do believe that privileges like driving should only apply to those who follow the law and have their cars insured and properly inspected, as well as those who are lawfully present in the U.S. When someone breaks the law by driving drunk, then the privilege is taken away. When someone is unlawfully present in the U.S., then driving is not allowed. We need to take some responsibility in our choices. If we intend to remain in or come to the U.S. illegally, then we must accept the consequences of our actions. These include the inability to drive, vote, etc.

Leave a comment:

• tanner
    replied
    Go to NC, all you have to have there is a ITIN. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• moondin
    replied
    Why does everyone think so simple in life?

The reason they make it hard is cuz allowing illegals to have DL's ENCOURAGES more illegals to come here! It has nothing to do with "who's here", but discouraging who'll be "coming tomorrow".

Besides. DL's are the biggest pain for illegals, and there's a reason.

You're an illegal.

1) You go downtown and get fake GC. Go get job. No employers can verify GC's so your'e set.
    2) Go get fake SSN card and #. IRS never "verifies" name and SSN # with SSA so you pay taxes, etc. etc.
    3) You never leave the country so you can live here forever and never have a problem since you never need to carry those 2 documents on you.

Except for the DL! You need it everywhere, and can get pulled over and requested for it. If you have FAKE docs (most illegals do), you'll FAIL at getting a DL. Once you get a DL -- you're just as good as a legal or a US citizen.

The DL is the holy grail. You can't just get a fake one, cuz an officer runs your DL and can easily tell.

The US government needs to DISCOURAGE illegals. Right now there's like 8 million illegals. If the US government just makes it easier or even makes them legal -- tomorrow MORE will come, and in 10 years it'll be 14 million. Is that what people want?

-= nav =-

Leave a comment:

• Katycab
    replied
    NYC- I understand the policies that support the idea of requiring legal presence to issue licenses, but all in all I disagree. The bottom line is in most states (other than urban areas) one needs to drive to get by. Not allowing large portions of rthe population to get a license just means they wiull drive unlicensed, and therefore unregulated. *That* is when you end up with people driving uninsured, etc. Besides that, I think that the details of "legal status" are too intricate to be understood by the typical DMV worker, and aI loathe to have them in charge of nosing into every detail of a persons status. I realize that it has become vogu to revoke driving priveleges for all sorts of errors, eg-drinking underage, falling behind on child support, not paying for gasoline, etc. But I think those issues are easuer to adjudicate then having to discuss with a civil servnt the details of your Withholding of Deportation. Further it seems that the states are starting to change their opinion on the preference of denying licenses to a population with the result of them then being unregulated.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I didn't know they had insurance policies to cover damages caused by truck bomb blasts. What's the deductible ? 50,000 for the first billion dollars ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I guess they will have to drive the truck bombs without a license now. They could get a ticket and fine for for that. But I am sure the ACLU will send their lawyers to protect the rights of terrorists.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation