Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Born through a mid-wife...came back to Mexico...need help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born through a mid-wife...came back to Mexico...need help!

Good afternoon everyone. im new to the forum and had a question that hopefully someone can help me with. I am currently living in Mexico but I lived my whole life in the states believing to be a US Citizen. It wasnt until i got married and tried to petition for my wife (who is Mexican) that i realized i was born through a mid-wife and that my documents were not real. I spoke to several attorneys and none could really help me out. Some of the attorneys gave me the advise to go back to Mexico and try to do things the right way and not continue to lie to the government by continuing to use my documents. Which is what i did. I guess you could say i self-deported myself. my question is would i have trouble applying for a tourist visa and would my now naturalized parents have any problems? I have kept myself from applying for a visa because i do not want to get my parents into any trouble. i do not intend to go back to the states to live as i currently have a great job and went back to college to finish the degree i couldnt afford in the states. The reason i want to get my visa is simply to be able to visit my family as most of them are scared to come visit because of the violence here in Mexico (not as bad where I live, just like any big city there is always violence in the bad parts of town). As i mentioned before my parents are naturalized citizens as well as 2 of my 3 siblings and have been if i remember correctly for over 5 years now. i know that i am most likely to have my visa denied but also know that i can ask for a 212D3 waiver but what i also want to know is if there will be any issues with my parents or siblings? the last thing i want is for them to be stripped of their citizenship mainly because i was, i guess you could say selfish, for wanting to be with the woman i love and left the states to be able to do that. or worse yet can my parents be imprisoned for committing fraud by purchasing my documents from a mid-wife? i really hope that someone can help me out with this issue.

thanks a lot for your time!

Sorry, as someone who falsely claimed U.S. citizenship you are permanently barred from the United States. This is your parents fault for obtaining the notorious Texas mid-wife birth certificates. You have a good life in Mexico, enjoy it. You cannot return.

Comment

Originally posted by amart1385 View Post
      Good afternoon everyone. im new to the forum and had a question that hopefully someone can help me with. I am currently living in Mexico but I lived my whole life in the states believing to be a US Citizen. It wasnt until i got married and tried to petition for my wife (who is Mexican) that i realized i was born through a mid-wife and that my documents were not real. I spoke to several attorneys and none could really help me out. Some of the attorneys gave me the advise to go back to Mexico and try to do things the right way and not continue to lie to the government by continuing to use my documents. Which is what i did. I guess you could say i self-deported myself. my question is would i have trouble applying for a tourist visa and would my now naturalized parents have any problems? I have kept myself from applying for a visa because i do not want to get my parents into any trouble. i do not intend to go back to the states to live as i currently have a great job and went back to college to finish the degree i couldnt afford in the states. The reason i want to get my visa is simply to be able to visit my family as most of them are scared to come visit because of the violence here in Mexico (not as bad where I live, just like any big city there is always violence in the bad parts of town). As i mentioned before my parents are naturalized citizens as well as 2 of my 3 siblings and have been if i remember correctly for over 5 years now. i know that i am most likely to have my visa denied but also know that i can ask for a 212D3 waiver but what i also want to know is if there will be any issues with my parents or siblings? the last thing i want is for them to be stripped of their citizenship mainly because i was, i guess you could say selfish, for wanting to be with the woman i love and left the states to be able to do that. or worse yet can my parents be imprisoned for committing fraud by purchasing my documents from a mid-wife? i really hope that someone can help me out with this issue.

thanks a lot for your time!
      There are a lot of holes in your situation. Your citizenship or lack of can only be determined by an immigration judge after you have been given a Notice to Appear. The only thing denied is your I-130 petition. Now another issue is whether or not you have a Mexican birth certificate. How did you attend school in Mexico? As US citizens you have to have your birth cert. stamped and be allowed to attend school. The other issue is that passport revocations do happen if the Department of State doubts your citizenship or has evidence to the contrary. You don’t mention if you ever obtained one. Now if the midwife BC is fraudulently filed, did your parents give a sworn statement before an Immigration officer? How did they become citizens if they did indeed commit fraud? Did you ever obtain a social security card? Do not be misled by snarky ignorant comments of other users and most attorneys don’t want to deal with fraudulently filed midwife births.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation