Technically, B1/B2 requires an onward or return ticket. For various reasons, the B1/B2 wife does not have one of those. What is the cheapest way to buy some kind of ticket out of the USA to show them, then cancel it later and get our money back. For example, we could use United Mileage Plus, but they now charge $200 to return the miles to your account (slightly less if you have premier status). Or we could buy a "refundable" ticket but as far as I can tell they don't actually refund your money and you have to fly that route later. I guess that is not impossible but it seems like a hassle. Any ideas?