Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent of US citizen visiting and wanting to adjust status to permanent

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me out with this.

I have a mother who is currently visiting on a visitor's visa. Her 6 month limitation just expired (we did fire for an extension but are told it will take months to get back a response at this point).
    We want to apply for her to permanently move to US.
    My understanding is, that because I am a US citizen, and she is my mother, she is considered an immediate family member and there is no wait time for visa for her.

On USCIS website it states we can file for I-130, affidavit of financial support, AND I-485 together?

She is 85 (not sure if there is a different process due to age or not).

If you are able to confirm my understanding and provide any advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by vasiliy.stupin View Post
    Hi, I am hoping someone can help me out with this.

I have a mother who is currently visiting on a visitor's visa. Her 6 month limitation just expired (we did fire for an extension but are told it will take months to get back a response at this point).
    We want to apply for her to permanently move to US.
    My understanding is, that because I am a US citizen, and she is my mother, she is considered an immediate family member and there is no wait time for visa for her.

On USCIS website it states we can file for I-130, affidavit of financial support, AND I-485 together?

She is 85 (not sure if there is a different process due to age or not).

If you are able to confirm my understanding and provide any advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.
    She can file for I-485 with your I-130 because she is an immediate relative of a USC. There is no different process for elderly people. You may want to seek the assistance of an immigration attorney as she may face questions about intent because of the recent B-2 extension filing.

Comment

But as she is elderly they might go easy on her.
      car vacuum cleaner

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed