X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit4064
    replied
    Normally the previous 5 year period is what they look at. But they can go back and look forever. There is no statue of limitation in the INA. If they (USCIS) determine the crime to be a CIMT or Aggravated Felony (under INA terms) that can be a problem. It has happened where the USCIS determined old crimes which were misdemeanors under State law were re-classed as CIMTs or AF by the USCIS.

Did they renew the GC recently?

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Just like Aroha said, if it was only a misdemeanor and five years or longer ago, no biggie. They should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    it happened in 1998 was assault on police office they did not go to jail just paid the fine so i dont know what you think???

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    Since it was more than 5 years ago, they should be OK, Mary. Less than 5 years would probably result in a denial.

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    My friend is wanting to apply for citizenship they have a misdemeanor offence form 1998 will that effect their application as it cost 675.00 they said if they will be turned down they prefer not to bother applying??

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    started a topic Re N400 and a misdemeanor

Re N400 and a misdemeanor

My friend is wanting to apply for citizenship they have a misdemeanor offence form 1998 will that effect their application as it cost 675.00 they said if they will be turned down they prefer not to bother applying??
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney