Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-160 question...frustrated/bummed

My husband (entered from México without inspection in june 2007) and I (U.S. citizen) went to a lawyer a few days ago and "started" the process of getting husband his green card. By started I mean we paid the lawyer an up-front fee of $500 (then we would make monthly payments of $300 for a total of $4500 not including U.S.C.I.S filing fees...which I didn't notice until after I signed the contract...I'm not very smart) but we haven't sent in any peperwork yet, I just finished filling in some I-130 form pages a few hours ago.

After I finished filling in the paperwork, i started doing research online...which discouraged me greatly. First i will provide "cliffs notes" of our situation

*husband tried to come in illegally in May 2007, was caught & sent back. (I sent for his fingerprints to get checked, came back clean but lawyer said that wasn't 100% accurate)
    *tried again to enter in June and succeeded.
    *we met. Got married july, 2009. Gave birth to daughter that august.
    *I WOULD HAVE NO EXTREME HARDSHIPS IF HE WERE DEPORTED/NOT ALLOWED BACK TO THE U.S. >_<

Of course I would be emotionally devastated and depressed but that doesn't count! We are young. I have no medical conditions, neither does my daughter nor my parents. We don't need any special medications or anything. We would have financial hardships because he's the sole provider...but that doesn't count either! And I speak Spanish so I wouldn't have any problem getting by back in Mexico (but I don't want to!).

I feel that this whole undertaking is going to be pointless and it's going to be just a waste of money because we have no chance of being approved. I'm thinking of calling the lawyer and cancelling everything. My husband is going to be bummed...

Anyone with a similar situation? Advice?

Be straight with me. I'm already in emotional pain anyways! 😭
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation