X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">presume Mexico does allow dual Nationality? If not you would have to chose and renounce the other (Mexican citizenship). The US does allow dual Nationality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mexico allows dual nationality, but not dual citizenship. The US recognizes both.

I don't think the Mexican passport will be an issue. Like Brittie said, it's just a way of identifying yourself to enter the building.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    I think you are thinking too much! The Mexican passport is to be able to enter the building, nothing more. You have the proof of being a USC which you will show on the day.

I presume Mexico does allow dual Nationality? If not you would have to chose and renounce the other (Mexican citizenship). The US does allow dual Nationality.

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    As I'm getting all my stuff in order for the meeting I had another thought.

Since I'm using a Mexican Passport as ID. And a Mexican passport is proof of Mexican citizenship. And I'm trying to proof I'm a US citizen. Doesn't that present conflicting evidence. Being that in getting a Mexican passport I'm acknowledging Mexican citizenship. Take into account that I got the passport about a week ago and only for the purpose of identifying my self to the USCIS.

Or am I just thinking to much into this?

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    I don't remember if I mentioned this on any of my prior posts. But my dad filed form N-600 when I was only months old. I even have the receipt for it. I'm not sure what happened with that. But I sent a copy of that receipt when I filed.

I have a story about their employees incompetence. But ill save it for after this is all set.

Leave a comment:

• FSN
    replied
    inh, your case is very straight forward if a person knows the INA and CFR along with the FAM . I can not understand what is the delay they should have given you aCertificate of Citizenship right away...
    This must be the insufficient knowledge of the INA, Regulations and FAM...
    Your father had already proof the required time to transmitted the citizenship....
    I know for sure that all of them right from Officers to Staff 95% do not know how to handle the cases..I have shown the like to one of the Officer how he can get the info about the case I was dealing with...
    Know one can become an Adjusdication Officer within 6 week training...that is waht they have...

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    I will provide a detailed account of whatever goes on during my visit. You guys can count on it.

Leave a comment:

• Tak
    replied
    inh:

Please provide complete detials of your N-600 application process during your visit to USCIS.

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    I'm not taking the attorney to the meeting with me. She thought that given my situation and all the evidence I provided, it should be a quick in and out type of thing. She agreed with others in this forum saying there shouldn't be an interview.
    She seemed very convinced that my issue would be resolved at this meeting with out much trouble at all.

Leave a comment:

• Kumar555
    replied
    You do not need an Attorney in this case, Department of Justice under who this all Agnceies work do not have any person who can adjudicate ypou case under proper INA, and Regulation...First of all they dont know them self what how to deal with the cases...
    USCIS emplyees are the problem.
    That you have to go through all this...

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    It's probably a standard interview appointment letter they sent you. It's designed to confuse and frighten you

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Good luck, Inh, at your appointment next week. Please come back and tell us how it went.

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    The confusion on the green card was my own fault. After seeing it listed on the letter for the interview . I started thinking about it, and searched child citizenship. I found The child citizenship act. And found some requirements that really didn't apply to me. But not really knowing the specifics of the law I went into panic mode. Then posted without referencing previous posts as Aroha mentioned.

An attorney really did pay off. If I had only contacted her at the beginning of this process. I would have saved myself a lot of stress. My meeting will be a week from today now I can go into it with confidence knowing everything is in order.

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    I didn't realize the OP had a US Citizen parent, so gave incorrect information - one of the pitfalls of opening a new thread instead of adding to the old or not referencing it. LOL.

inh, it always pays to consult a reputable immigration attorney in these matters. Good news on the act. Let us know how you get on!

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    Good news inh now go to the interview and come back with news of officially being a USC!

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    I have received great news from a very copidant Senior Attorney. That has set my heart at ease.And that is that I'm qualifying for U.S. citizenship under Section 301 of the Immigration & Nationality Act (automatic citizenship) and not under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000. And there is no requirement that the child obtain Lawful Permanent Residency (green card) to qualify under this section.

It's amazing how high and low a persons emotions can become in span of only 12 hrs.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation