X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization "Citizenship"

Hello,

I was born in Venezuela, son of a cuban citizen. I applied and got my residence through the Cuban Adjustment Act through a Certificate of Registration through the consulate, which, explained by the doc in the following link, gives enough proof of your citizenship for immigration:

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws%20an...quez073107.pdf

Fast forward 5 years, and now I just applied to my citizenship and went today to the interview in California. In my application, I put my country of birth as Venezuela, and country of citizenship as Cuba, to be consistent with my PR application. Everything went ok, except that the immigration officer asked me for proof of my citizenship of Cuba. I told her they should have those documents, but the only thing she had was a paper where it said who my parents were (the Certificate of Registration).

In the document up there linked, it says that it's good for the Cuban Adjustment Act, but I'm unsure now if it's good also for naturalization, in which case, something tells me I should have put "Venezuela" as my citizenship. But I'm very confused at this point.

Should I send in a copy of my mother's birth certificate, together with my certificate of registration and that doc above about that being enough to recognize the cuban residence. Or should I say that I made a mistake and should have put down Venezuela as my citizenship-which is very true? Again, I'm very confused about this and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    C
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed