another woman and divorced me. In 2013 I married a Nigerian citizen. I
    was told that it looks suspicious so I may have include a letter and
    evidence that my first marriage was bona fide along with petitioning
    (I-130) for my 2nd husband. but then I also get the advice not to
    raise an issue that may not even come up. Or even if I should mention
    the infidelity of my ex.
    I don't know which advice to take

marriage

We hv a similar case"""Am the principal applicant while my wife is the beneficiary,we wher denied becos my wife hv been to the embassy 6yrs ago though she waz denied becos her fiancee used a fake result""the Consular is now using her first marriage to deny us""actually we didn't send her divorce certificate on time""she waz Given ""MISrepresentation""while they gave Me """Attempted Alien Smuggling""plz Shud we file for a waiver of grounds""what is the chance of a successful waiver"""

Comment

Originally posted by moschino View Post
      We hv a similar case"""Am the principal applicant while my wife is the beneficiary,we wher denied becos my wife hv been to the embassy 6yrs ago though she waz denied becos her fiancee used a fake result""the Consular is now using her first marriage to deny us""actually we didn't send her divorce certificate on time""she waz Given ""MISrepresentation""while they gave Me """Attempted Alien Smuggling""plz Shud we file for a waiver of grounds""what is the chance of a successful waiver"""
      It seems we are not going to get much help here Moschino. Guess we should try another forum. I figured since there were immigration lawyers here maybe they could offer advice...but im thinking now, that either they don't offer free advice or none here know how to deal with our situations.

Comment

some silly letter written by you or anyone else claiming that your previous marriage was bona fide will be meaningless.....anyone can write a letter,...even those who live in trailer parks.

Comment

You married in 2006 and sponsored your husband from Ghana. He came here on K3 Visa and after some time in 2010 he divorced you. If Divorce was not initiated by you then there should not be any problem. Now you have married a Nigerian citizen. You need not write any separate letter with the Form I-130. Form I-130 has column where you will fill information about your previous marriage(s) with proper documentation. I would suggest that when your new husband from Nigeria has an interview, you should go with him to the consulate.
          Good luck.

Comment

You have mentioned that your wife went to embassy 6 years ago and there was problem because of her fiance.
            You should consult a competent Immigration Attorney and let him/her handle your case. If your marriage is bonafide then you should worry about it. It might take some time but attorney will be able to solve this problem.
            Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Umesh Passi View Post
              You married in 2006 and sponsored your husband from Ghana. He came here on K3 Visa and after some time in 2010 he divorced you. If Divorce was not initiated by you then there should not be any problem. Now you have married a Nigerian citizen. You need not write any separate letter with the Form I-130. Form I-130 has column where you will fill information about your previous marriage(s) with proper documentation. I would suggest that when your new husband from Nigeria has an interview, you should go with him to the consulate.
              Good luck.
              thank you very much for your advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for your candid advice" Remain bless as u help people"@umesh

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation