X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davdah
    replied
    It's not you they will be asking these questions to. You could have intended anything at all as a function of her visit but she was the one asked the questions on the visa app. if on it she said she would be coming to visit you, you're probably 99% in the clear. If you weren't mentioned, that will probably be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• mang0z
    replied
    @Davdah

Thanks for the heads-up! I really hope we don't run in to any of those problems. When she applied for the tourist visa we were just planning for her to visit the U.S., and a couple months later I asked her to marry me. We had no intention of fraud, and since she already had a tourist visa we didn't think it was necessary to return to the embassy to ask for another type of visa.

Thanks again for your reply, we will make sure our story is straight so there is no confusion. I really really hope this doesn't hurt us!?!

Leave a comment:

• mang0z
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Whalen View Post
    Can you open some charge accounts together (credit cards, store credit)?

She can obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) from the IRS, the bank and everyone else should accept that in place of a SSN.

Have you got any insurance where you can name her as next-of-kin or obtain coverage for her?

Are you an "odd couple" that would raise USCIS' eyebrows? [Big differences in age, language, culture?]

Because the marriage is so new, little is expected up-front. She will get "conditional status" at first and then later apply to lift conditions (form I-751) and it is at that point that MORE evidence will be required.

We will look in to a ITIN for her. Thank you!

We are not much of an 'odd couple'.. 4 years difference in age, her native language is spanish which I have learned to speak fluently. Our cultures are surprisingly similar also.

Thanks for your response!

Leave a comment:

• davdah
    replied
    In the instant case there is a question of undisclosed intent. Due to the proximity of arrival on a visitor visa and marriage the presumption of visa fraud may exist. That being, the visitor visa was not obtained with a genuine ambition but to merely circumvent the usual time lines associated with a spouse visa. Prior to the issuance of a tourist visa there are qualifying questions given concerning persons the applicant is familiar with in this country. This is done to defend against the strategy of using a tourist visa to avoid the extended separation periods of the more rigorous intending immigrant process. If it's discovered the applicant withheld associations with persons here on their application in order to obtain the tourist visa the immigrant application may be denied. If it's demonstrated the immigrant knew the person to whom they married prior to arrival and that fact was not disclosed or intentionally omitted it may result in a visa fraud determination rendering her inadmissible. See INA § 212(a)(6)(C)(i)
    Last edited by davdah; 01-08-2013, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Whalen
    replied
    Can you open some charge accounts together (credit cards, store credit)?

She can obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) from the IRS, the bank and everyone else should accept that in place of a SSN.

Have you got any insurance where you can name her as next-of-kin or obtain coverage for her?

Are you an "odd couple" that would raise USCIS' eyebrows? [Big differences in age, language, culture?]

Because the marriage is so new, little is expected up-front. She will get "conditional status" at first and then later apply to lift conditions (form I-751) and it is at that point that MORE evidence will be required.

Leave a comment:

• The best way to prove the bona fides of my marriage?? Form I-130

I am a US Citizen. In August my fiance came to the states on a visitor Visa, and we were married in September. We are currently trying to finish up her Green Card paperwork before her visa expires.

I am trying to find out what kind of evidence we can provide for the Form I-130 to prove the bona fides of our marriage?

I do not own any property, other than my vehicle. We are staying with family so we don't have a Lease Agreement. I have tried to get her on to my bank account but they require official mail with her name on it. We have tried adding her onto the utilities bill, and the cable bill, but they require her to have a Social Security Number, which she doesn't have. Without that they can only put C/o her name "in care of" and that isn't official enough for the bank!

We are a legitimate couple, but I am struggling to find official documentation to prove it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation