•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Interview. Wife not here.

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a very sticky situation, and the stress is killing me. I need help

I came to the U.S. through marriage, and I have a Conditional Green Card. I received a letter telling me that and interview will be scheduled. I'm waiting to receive the letter for the date of the interview. We had filed a joint petition.
    The issue is that my wife has left the country. She was already planning to go for the past few months for a job that she has found pertaining to her degree. We both are university students.
    Now I begged my wife not to go, but knowing her she doesn't listen to anyone when her mind is made up. She is bipolar and is a sociopath of certain type. She is not able to empathize with others. I love her alot, because I care for her. However, because of her condition I have gone through a lot of physical abuse cause of her. I can prove it with scares and documentation of her condition. I begged her not to go, but she went anyway.

Now, what should I do? My parents in law said they will go to the interview with me. I checked on the USCIS website and it said I can take reputable individuals. So I plan to go with them. Also, I hve plenty of evidence supporting that my marriage was entered in good faith. I hve all the marriage pictures, and pic of us through out hte years. We've been married for almost 4 years and been living in the U.S. for almost 3 years now.

What should I do? Please advice. Someone suggested I should make an INFOPASS and go to the officer and explain the situation instead of waiting to explain at the interview itself, as I might get rejected on the spot.

Also, please note, I have no intention to divorce my wife. She is my wife and I love her dearly. I have spent 4 years with her, because I love her. I know someone else would've bolted right away due to her condition.

Also, I am an Ex-Muslim, and everyone in my native Pakistan knows about my apostasy. My wife is an Ex-muslim too. We both left Islam in April 2012. Also, I debate a lot online regarding philsophy & abuse of human rights. I've gotten many death threats. I cannot live in my native Paksitan at all. So I am really fearful of my life as well.

Please advice.
    Last edited by DanyalL; 12-10-2012, 12:51 AM.

Your religious affiliation wouldn't matter much. What may is your willingness and motive for staying in what you describe as a destructive and masochistic relationship. The other issue at hand is your wife's absence. If she is employed in another country the presumption is she intends to make that her home and vacate the one with you assuming you stay put. A good faith marriage puts the relationship above immigration status. Given the distance involved visits would be infrequent if at all. The bar you need to prove is you entered in good faith. Examining her's and your actions, it gives the appearance of an arrangement with an inclination to benefits over marital harmony by your location and will to stay.
    This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Davdah is right. As long as you can prove that your marriage is of good faith then distance is not a problem. Good luck!
      Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

Long distance marriages are what USCIS officers call a fraud indicator.

Comment

She is not planning on coming back? When is your interview?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation