• Show
Clear All

• dev199108
    replied
    car reverse parking camera with display price in india

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darth:
    Yes, it was spur of the moment, thats when 2 desperate people in love cant live without each other. You must be an attorney, but thank you. I guess I was lucky, thank God because this is legitamate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I can understand your reactino after reading your previous post. The last attoeney's response was to be expected. At least, i did not see the "scare tactic" in that one.

However, I think what you experienced was a failure to communicate response from the attorneys that did use the "scare tactics." Well, at least that is my opinion.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darth:thank God because this is legitamate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be so sure !!!

Leave a comment:

• Darth
    replied
    Yes, it was spur of the moment, thats when 2 desperate people in love cant live without each other. You must be an attorney, but thank you. I guess I was lucky, thank God because this is legitamate.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darth:
    Here is my story. My wife had come to visit me in the US. SHe is from Australia, she came to stay with me for 8 weeks. She had long service leave, up to 3 months that she had to take. She came here, and we got married by law 3 weeks later. The original plan was for me to file an I-130 - (petition for alien relative) which I did, she was to go back home, and wait for a consulate interview. During her stay, I persuaded her to stay becuase it would be costly going back and forward, and besides we didn’t want to be apart for too long. She thought it made economical sense, and we thought we can use that money for our wedding. She told me that she would only stay if it were legal, and if her job would not be left in the dark. She then contacted her employer back home and they said they had hired a temp to fill the her position while she was away. They then offered the Temp a full time position, so that worked out just fine. I then called the 800 USCIS number, the agent I spoke with asked me specifics, I was totally honest with him. He then advised me what forms to fill out. As an extra step, I called multiple attorneys, when I advised them of my situation, 3 of them said my case is presumed fraud, another attorney said my case is straight forward but he recommended to use his services because although straight forward, it was still a complicated case. After I had filed all the forms, and when my wife received her biometrics appointment, I then called one of the attorneys I consulted with. He then advised me that to represent me and my wife, it would cost 500 dollars. I then reminded him of his initial response was that “my case was presumed fraud” After a moment of silence and embarrassment on his part, he then said “well, theres nothing more to talk about” He simply just hung up on me. He didn’t have a record of my original consultation with him, and since my case was on the way, he tried to get me to use him to represent me at the interview. That is why I had a bitter taste from my experience. I didn’t expect him to give me free advice, but I didn’t like the scare tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Darth

I think that you have done an injustice by trying to imply that an attorney is a rip off based on your situation.

3 words to you.. YOu were lucky.

That attorney did not give you scare information/tactics.

YOur case was presumed fraud. Visa fraud. In your case it was VWP abuse/fraud. He did not steer you wrong. Your answers in the interview are what determined you to be ok and probably a very lax I/O. Be aware if your adj of status was denied at that interview , there would not be any appeal allowed because of the Visa waiver situation. It would have been a done deal. over. You would be living in austraila.

You both circumvented the immigration process, and you are bragging about it. You both were guilty of fraud because once she got here you planned it. It was not a "on the spur of the moment" situation.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darth:for the Legitamate BONAFIDE marriage cases - </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats only about 1% of the cases.
    I have always stated "Only criminals need lawyers" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't you go to law school? Isn't that what you always boast about SOM? There are lawyers that do family law, insurance law, corporate law, etc., etc., etc. Lawyers are not only for criminals and not only for immigration purposes either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are all criminals !!!!

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    CLIENTS ARE RIP OFFS !!!!
    These bottom feeders expect attorneys to work miracles after their lies, tricks, frauds and deceit !! AND THEN, they have the nerve to complain about having to pay $300 an hour to an attorney to perform these great feats of skill to get them out of the mess they got into !!!!

And then they expect attorneys to be their personal therapist and personal assistant ! And they harass their attorneys with STUPID "ideas" and crazy schemes.

Clients should be paying at least 10 X as much for the aggrivation they caused !

Leave a comment:

• Darth
    replied
    Here is my story. My wife had come to visit me in the US. SHe is from Australia, she came to stay with me for 8 weeks. She had long service leave, up to 3 months that she had to take. She came here, and we got married by law 3 weeks later. The original plan was for me to file an I-130 - (petition for alien relative) which I did, she was to go back home, and wait for a consulate interview. During her stay, I persuaded her to stay becuase it would be costly going back and forward, and besides we didn’t want to be apart for too long. She thought it made economical sense, and we thought we can use that money for our wedding. She told me that she would only stay if it were legal, and if her job would not be left in the dark. She then contacted her employer back home and they said they had hired a temp to fill the her position while she was away. They then offered the Temp a full time position, so that worked out just fine. I then called the 800 USCIS number, the agent I spoke with asked me specifics, I was totally honest with him. He then advised me what forms to fill out. As an extra step, I called multiple attorneys, when I advised them of my situation, 3 of them said my case is presumed fraud, another attorney said my case is straight forward but he recommended to use his services because although straight forward, it was still a complicated case. After I had filed all the forms, and when my wife received her biometrics appointment, I then called one of the attorneys I consulted with. He then advised me that to represent me and my wife, it would cost 500 dollars. I then reminded him of his initial response was that “my case was presumed fraud” After a moment of silence and embarrassment on his part, he then said “well, theres nothing more to talk about” He simply just hung up on me. He didn’t have a record of my original consultation with him, and since my case was on the way, he tried to get me to use him to represent me at the interview. That is why I had a bitter taste from my experience. I didn’t expect him to give me free advice, but I didn’t like the scare tactics.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    Wow, I never knew that about the 800 service. In my case, I guess I lucked out with the 800 rep, becuase his information was spot on accurate, and as a result my paperwork moved along very smoothly.

As for the bitter tast I got from some of my consultations, one attorney told me that my case was presumed fraud, the other told me that it will cost me double because I have a complex case - along with others saying, we recommend you spend the money and get it done right, becuase if you make any errors, it could result in removal,etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    A general rule of thumb for any legal or professional service in the future. If you are comfortable and knowledgeable on how to fill out government forms as well as your case or situation is not complicated, you file yourself. If not, then it may be wise to seek professional service. i know you learned this lesson the hard way, but with the information out there, as well as helpful sites, you completed this yourself. At least, you can take that as an accomplishment.

What interesting note iw what exactly did you state to the attorney and how you said it compared to what was said to the 800 number. I am curious.

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    Koller: SoM's confused. He doesn't know what he is anymore LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You right. SOM is the most confuse lawyer/para legal/something there is.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    Koller: SoM's confused. He doesn't know what he is anymore LOL

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darth:for the Legitamate BONAFIDE marriage cases - </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats only about 1% of the cases.
    I have always stated "Only criminals need lawyers" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't you go to law school? Isn't that what you always boast about SOM? There are lawyers that do family law, insurance law, corporate law, etc., etc., etc. Lawyers are not only for criminals and not only for immigration purposes either.

Leave a comment:

• Darth
    replied
    My apologies to any offended attorneys, yeah I was a little too general when I originally posted this. Oh well, life goes on.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs. B.
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by immibee:
    Are you serious? That's just like saying "all bread is bad" just because you taste white bread and don't like it.

The petition you filed is yes, an easy one, if you have a bona fide marriage. Obviously you talked to some money-hungry attorneys, but not all of them are like that.

I too filed my spouse's marriage petition and had no issues because I am a paralegal and did my homework on what makes up a good case.

Just because you had one easy petition doesn't mean all attorneys are 'rip-offs.' Some immigrant petitions are extremely difficult and require legal advice and counsel, otherwise, major problems may arise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said. I guess that the title of this thread should not be so generalizing - when I saw the title, it sounds to me like Shakespeare saying all over again - "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." But I'm sure the lawyers who may have read this have become so desensitized to statements like these.

Good reminder for the 1-800 number Aneri - I guess, when one's in doubt, one should call again just in case one gets a different answer.

And Darth, good luck to you and your wife.

Leave a comment:

• Darth
    replied
    For my Case, its not fraud on her part because she is from Australia, and she begged me to move with her over there, as she is a qualified medical scientist who earns more than me. Finally she agreed to come here for me, as in our culture, the woman go where their husbands go. She gave up a good job, and left a great country to come here, for me. There is no financial benefit for her immigrating to the U.S, especially now with the recession. In order to work in her field over here, she has to study for 6 months, take a huge test, and if she passes, only then will she be able to work in her medical field. So, onto the "presumed fraud", now our case is love, simply that, or she would have stayed home in Australia and earned the big bucks she was already making. Finally, I have considered moving there in a few years, because although the whole world is in a mess, there are still more opportunities down under. G'Day Mate.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation