Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What after an immigrant enter in usa as legally.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Qureshi:

Have you got all the answers you were looking for?

Comment

Anyone know if Proud is a hot she or a *******?

Comment

Your 20 year old will get his or her SSN in the mail (provided they checked that box in their application), but the 17 year old will have to physically apply at your nearest SSN office (even if they checked that box on their application forms) - it is not automatic for anyone under the age of 18.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
          Anyone know if Proud is a hot she or a *******? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you bored?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:

Are you bored? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he just always h o r n e y!
            “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:

Are you bored? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he just always h o r n e y! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe. I think there's other words for it, Koller
              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Tak, I told you your experience will help many at this discussion board....
                20 year old son if he had passed his High School then I am sure he do not need the GED...
                he can go to college.

Comment

That is why I mentioned if his son passed FA (12 year education in Pakistan) then he could go to college. If his son has not passed FA or FSc then he will have to do GED.

Please note: It is always fast to apply SSN in person. This is faster way to get SSN. I will not rely on USCIS or SSA to automatically send me SSN as result of option elected on DS-230, Part II.

Comment

Tak, my oldest son and I got our SSN's very quickly, within a day or two of our physical green cards.

They recommend that you only contact the SSA if it has taken an unusually long period of time to arrive.

Comment

Aroha:

I will not disagree with you on this because; I believe that it depends on situation, and workload. My sister came on IV in April and did not get her SSN for three weeks. Therefore, I had to send her to SSA to apply for SSN and she got it one week. So there is no hard and fast rule. One can chose option to visit SSA and they will not return you just because you did not wait to get SSN automatically in the mail.

Comment

You are quite right, Tak. USCIS are in no way reliable and just because I had a good experience with our green cards and SSNs arriving within a week of our arrival last August, doesn't mean everybody will be so lucky.

I guess it really depends how quickly you want it and whether you're willing to wait a couple or four weeks for it to arrive. The OP has to take the 17 year in to apply anyway, so if it hasn't arrived by then, they may as well take the 20 year old. The worst thing that could happen is they find out it's already in the mail.

Comment

Thank you every one replied to my post. I over looked and did not mention another issue and i need your help pls.'
                          this important issue is about my child of age 17.
                          The consulate office told us if thye 17 years old entered in USA a before his 18th birthday he will granted a us citizenship immediately.Kids are entered usa on july 25th, 2009. and port of entry they just stamped their pakistani passport and since that i have not heard any thing from DHS / Immigration department. AND now the 17th year old my kid pass his 18th birth day yesterday.What I need to do or where i m missing some thing.
                          THank you again for your help and your valuable time. Regards
                          Qureshi

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed