O

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Precisely why this shouldn't be a criminal trial. The first is being used to undermine the second and all those who fought under it. The constitutional protections do not extend to terrorists. Pushing the limits on one end subjugates those who are most deserving of all, the ones who perished for it. That is what makes this a freak show and disgusting! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not about extending protections to terrorists.
    It's about making sure one is guilty before imposing a punishment.

If you don't care about it then you may as well put them in the firing range for a good shooting practice. Why bother with trials? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what the tribunal would have accomplished. Then skin him alive and tie him down in the path of army ants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

General Subutai would have suffocated his enemies under the heavy paltform while dancing on top of it on victory feast.
    But that's mere technicality.

What is being discussed here is this:

In war if the enemy is so dangerous and the threat so imminent that his further existence can't be suffered, or if vivid example must be made for others to see what it means to be at war with one's forces, then one does order elimination of such enemy without any regard to means employed and in as speedy and effective manner as possible.

However, if the decision is made to bring someone to trial and make one answer for actions allegedly committed, then the rules of trial must be followed.
    And that, by default, includes informing the defendant of reason he is brought to trial for and a chance to rebute allegations and defend himself. Either that or else there is no trial to begin with, in which case it's better to save all trouble and resources and resort to option one.

Simple as that.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

This is wrong. War is a means to a political objective. In this country it is at any rate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought war had one objective, which was to win. And I thought you agreed on it. My bad.
      So, what do you think war is?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
      Terrorism is an act of war, not criminal conduct. So, this shouldn't apply. Which is the mistake being made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are an imbecile, davdah.
      Of course terrorism is an act of war. Who is disputing it?

The question is whether you want to try person you accuse of terror.

If answer is Yes then you must follow the rules of trial, which is to inform defendant of what he or she is being accused of and give a chance to rebute and defend themselves.

If Not, then you have no trial to begin with.
      In which case you better to resort to options that better serve your objective while saving your resources.

Simple as that.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Just what I said. It's a means to another objective. In order to meet that objective the war must be won. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are way too stupid to comprehend my thoughts....

What an imbecile you are ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
        The tribunal is the method and standards by which an act of war should be examined, not a criminal trial. The reasons were already given due to the nature of discovery in a criminal trial and it's potential impact on our national security. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't read my posts or don't comprehend word i write

People like you want to subvert this country by any means possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go screw yourself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You obviously don't stand for what we do nor care to maintain our position. Your agenda is glaring and obvious. It's that simple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As i said, go screw yourself.

Who is "you"? **** imbecile, why should i even talk to you as if you were my equal?

Go f.uck yourself and spend sometime developing your comprehension skills (if you have any) before you reply to my posts.

Comment

No. Even though you are an idiot there are things i agree with you with and so will take stand on your side when it's in my interests, instead of ignoring you.

Scooter

Comment

What's the difference between Nuremberg and NYC? They are both war criminal trials. The only difference I see is that Nuremberg occurred after the end of WW2.

What would have happened if Nuremberg was held in secret with evidence withheld on grounds of International Security? The V1 and V2 rockets could have been called weapons of terror. One could argue Hitler was a terrorist and that maybe there were people still loyal to him and his cause at large. Those people could have made use of the information gained during the trial. Yet it was held very much in public view with all the evidence available as it should have been.
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
              Just what I said. It's a means to another objective. In order to meet that objective the war must be won. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are way too stupid to comprehend my thoughts....

What an imbecile you are ....

The tribunal is the method and standards by which an act of war should be examined, not a criminal trial. The reasons were already given due to the nature of discovery in a criminal trial and it's potential impact on our national security. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't read my posts or don't comprehend word i write

People like you want to subvert this country by any means possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go screw yourself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You obviously don't stand for what we do nor care to maintain our position. Your agenda is glaring and obvious. It's that simple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As i said, go screw yourself.

Who is "you"? **** imbecile, why should i even talk to you as if you were my equal?

Go f.uck yourself and spend sometime developing your comprehension skills (if you have any) before you reply to my posts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OldE, did you think before you posted this? I'm very disappointed in you. Not that you would care, but I held you to a different level until this post.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchybee:
                Just what is your problem with me Aroha! Do I want to talk to you? NO.
                So do me a favor and stop talking to me, I don't appreciate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww, iP. Pithy cos you're not fooling anybody?

As for what you just said about Proud, you're quite right. We should all set our moral compass by your exploits instead. (Now I need that rolling on floor laughing smiley).

You don't have to talk to me, dear. In fact, if you weren't always so desperate to get the last word in and try and make yourself look more important than you are, you wouldn't have to.
                The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

OldE, did you think before you posted this? I'm very disappointed in you. Not that you would care, but I held you to a different level until this post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The foul language was unnecessary but he has convoluted logic and then goes on to say you have an agenda if you point to an obvious lack of consistency in what he says.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchybee:
                    No, I don't claim to be a moral authority on this forum, but Proudie does.
                    Whatever morals are, the American ones: claim to be moral but do all kinds of immoral things when nobody sees? Then, no I am certainly not an authority on that.
                    And this is my last comment to you Aroha. You're now in my iggy bin, so save your breath and try to stop yourself mentioning me or talking to me. Thnx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody could ever say you weren't upfront about your immorality. You've put it out there for all to see.

And please! I'd love that! But it's probably like all the rest of the promises you've made here - shallow and completely without basis
                    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

They want to tell us WHY they did it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34.../ns/us_news-security

What a painful ordeal this will be for every family member that lost someone on 9/11 and every American that has any compassion.

They should have all faced a military tribunal and the firing squad.

R911

Comment

Fear to bring case to court = no case, no proof of guilt.

Eric Holder decided to bring the case to Court = he knows DOJ has a case and proof that defendants are guilty.

Nobody gives squat what MKS & Co think they did it for, question is if they did. If answer is YES, then they are guilty of charges and will be punished accordingly.

Simple as that.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation