Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naturalization with misdemeanor conviction

I am an LPR and over 5 years ago I was convicted for simple battery in CA (a domestic violence plea bargained to simple battery). Max possible time under convicted statute is 6 months. I received 3 year probation, 3 week time served doing community service, completed rehabilitation program. Is the 5 year clean record good enough for showing good moral character? Do people with conviction in the past ever get naturalized at all?

I am an LPR and over 5 years ago I was convicted for simple battery in CA (a domestic violence plea bargained to simple battery). Max possible time under convicted statute is 6 months. I received 3 year probation, 3 week time served doing community service, completed rehabilitation program. Is the 5 year clean record good enough for showing good moral character? Do people with conviction in the past ever get naturalized at all?

Comment

Yes, they do as a matter of fact. But I would advise you not to go alone for the interview. As soon as they see a criminal conviction, it will trigger something in their mind.

You are entitled to 212(c) relief or under the Federal First Offender Act to waive the convictions.

However, you must be prepared that they might qualify battery as a crime of Moral Turpitude and in this case you will be faced with a totally different animal.

My advice is to take a post conviction relief immigration attorney.

Go to AILA website, they have few of them.

Good Luck.

PS: Do not take my words for granted, I just read articles about those that is why I am answering your question.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation