•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardship letter finished

what do you think of my hardship letter

plz respond

I never thought that I would ever have to explain myself to anyone as to why I need my husband with me so badly. In the world that I know and love, you meet someone, you fall in love and you live your life as man and woman happily everafter. I never thought or expected that I would have to beg and plead with an entire embassy for my happiness. To have to explain why the need is so great for the man that completes the other half of me. I will gladly share my experiences with you about the one that I cannot live with because in reality my life life has just started with him. I cannot foresee my future without him, and am hopeful that you will dig deep and find the compassion to allow my husband, my life, my love, to be granted permission to come and live as my husband so that my world as I know it can return once again.

So I begin:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to you in regard to the 1-601 petitioin that i have filed for my husband, Alfredo Garcia Leyva. He came to the United States to better himself and not to harm others or put anyone at danger. His dream was to be successful and to be a better person. In my eyes he has become this better person. He is my husband, best friend and soul mate. He is a wonderful step- father and role model for my children. He is articulate and very hard working. I cannot even begin to imagine life without him nor can i imagine the extreme hardships of relocating our family to Mexico if the 1-601 is not approved. i plead that you will approve the 1-601 and allow my husband, Alredo Garcia Leyva, to immigrate to the United States so that we can continue our lives, our commitment to one another and our family. Below if I have listed as best as I can the extreme hardships that will be caused if Alfredo is denied admission into the United States.

Financial Hardship:

Adjusting my husband's immigration status has been financially stressful. I have to work long and extra hard hours to replace the amount of money spent on immigration fees, back taxes, and preparing for the separation time while the 1-601 is being processed. I work very long hours with very little sleep and have very little if no days off just to survive and i am unable to eat normal meals. My work is very hard labor with constant lifting, turning and it is dangerous. I work on the ramp at the airport. That in itself is very stressful. The job that I have been forced to work has been very taxing on my health.

I have paid thus far all the fees for the Visa. I am in eviction with my landlord because of this last waiver fee, the expense of travel to Cuidad Jurez.

When my husband was here we shared the bills 50/50. That was the best way for us. He was a big financial support. Now since he has gone back to Mexico he has had a hard time finding work and I have an obligation to help me. My husband took care of all the finances and vehicles. I can't afford to keep up the maintenance and both need work. More times than not I don't have money for food or have money to put gas in the car.

We lived well, not extravegant by any means, but comfortable. I was able to go to school part-time to better myself and work towards getting my nursing degree. Since our separation time in preparing for Alfredo's citizenship, my further education has been put on hold. I have had numerous opportunity to return to school but cannot possibly afford it at this time finacially,physically,or emotionally

Without my husbands income, I have had to file bankruptcy. I have not been able to file my taxes because my husband needs a personal identification tax number which i am not able to obtain he has to do it personally nor can I afford the fees to file them. I owe back taxes which i cannot afford to pay and am in fear every day that they will garnish my wages and put in me in deeper financial distress. I have a student loan which is in default.

I am on the verge of eviction and never know one day to the next whether I will have a place to live. I have had to but my electric bill in my oldest's daughter's name because a huge deposit was required do to the filing of my bankruptcy.

My currently monthly bills and expesenes are:

rent $525 past due rent 1665 including deposit
    electric 80 past due balance of $481
    telephone 70 . food 400
    misc 200
    gas for cars 180

The apartment that I am currently living in is not in the best condition. There are many things wrong in the apartment and the landlord is not in any hurry to fix them. I can't go to the city inspector because I owe back rent. I have enclosed pictures and eviction papers.

If I were to move to Mexico, I would have to leave my job with absolutely no prospects to look forward to and continuing my education would no longer be an option. In the United States I have the opportunity to return to school and obtain a college education. I have the possibility of career enhancing education such as getting my nursing degree. Without my husband to assist in my support emotionally and financilly I would be unable to return to school and therefore would not be promoted. The unemployment rate in Mexico is 3.3% plus underemployment of perhaps 25% with about 40% of the populations living below poverty level. It is virtually impossible that I, an American, will be unable to secure any employment at all. The minimum wage is about 45 pesos a day, though many earn less and have no benefits my husband who is a citizen of mexico has had great difficulty finding any permanent employment. he has not worked in a year and a half It will mean certain poverty. In addition I am not fluent in Spanish and this alone would be difficult in finding work.

Medical Hardships:
    my husband and i have been wanting children of our own for a long time unfournately i need a reverse tubal ligation before they will even consider surgery my husband needs to undergo extensive testing to be sure he is able to concieve children this of course is a procedure that is performed more often in the united states and also is more affordable here also
    I suffer from a series of psychological disorders: bipolar disorder, manic depression, I experience both panic and anxiety attacks. I haven't been able to afford my medication or treatments. without medication i expierence extreme irratability
    sadness,abnormal sleep patterns,excessive crying,hard time concentrating,changed eating patterns and sometimes i get to the point of thinking about sucide or wishing death upon myself.this is worse around the holiday months due to the holiday stress , finicacil stresses associated with the holidays also the anticapated stress of spending another family holiday without my husband this of course is not only extrenely hard for me but my children and family as well

Concern for Safety:

I will face significant, potentially life threatening risks to my personal safety if I move to Mexico to be with my husband, due to crimes involving tourists such as robberies and kidnappings. I do not have a vehicle that I would also be able to take to Mexico therefore I would have to travel by metro and taxi. As reported in the U.S. Department of State Consulate Informatoin Sheet for Mexico, taking a taxi in Mexico City is extremely dangerous as some tourists have been beaten, shot, and sexually assaulted. It's also been corrupt and have been known to harass and mistreat Americans and sometimes bribe them.

On my previous visit to Mexico my husband and his family members kept their eyes on me at all times. As difficult as it was for my husband and his family to keep me safe during my visit, if I were forced to live in Mexico permanently the stress will have an immeasurable impact on our lives because I will live in constant fear for my safety.

Family

I was born and raised in the United States and my entire famly lives nearby. I have absolutely no family in Mexico besides my husbands family in which sometimes i have difficultty communicating with. I am very close to my mother, my sisters and brothers. My family is very important to me; being separated from them would be devastating. I love my family very much ahd have never gone more than a couple of days without seeing them.besides my mother and siblings the most important are my three children who i am extremely close with as well as my husband which whom they have been seperated from for the last year and a half my ids omly know my husband and i as there parents thier father has just since entered thier life last year because of my husband returning to mexico i was evicted and had no choice but to ask him for help this whole ordeal and seperation has caused my children and i many heartaches not being able to afford a home big enough for all of us living seperate has forced my kids to put a hault on thier education and seek out employment they were forced to grow up way to fast they should all be in college instead they are working low paying jobs to survive

Should I move to Mexico I would not be able to afford plane tickets, averaging $500 - $900, to visit my children and family phone calls would too expensive to make very often. This would be also greatly added to the growing anxiety attacks I already experience, and it is likely to trigger my depression. Being separated from my full, close, and loving family will create great emotional distress and hardship to myself and to my family, all of whom are United States citizens. If my husband is not admitted back to the United States I will never be united with my family at the same time.

The decisions is now in your hands and I beg that you will take into consideration all: my financial, my/our children, health and my emotional well being.

Hi lalobablanca
    I know and understand your pain iam in the same position.My husband is away from me to and it feels like this whole process just goes on and on with no end in site.I just came back from my interview everything went well but their are still just a little ***ps to over come.He lives is the Bahamas so its a little different from your situation but still the same.The hardship letter sounds good well put together but their is something we all forget about coming to the end of this journey remember there is something call affidavit of surport so be carefull how you stress your financial situation because at the end of the day that comes into play.And another thing my wavier was approve but i made a miscalculation on my w2 i had my daughter and my niece on as dependants and not knowing this took me under the rquired guidelines so please watch that this is what mess me up.So instead of a co sponser i had to send the kids to myhusband and file this year by myself so i can meet the guidelines.i would be glad to share my experience with you.GOD BLESS

Comment

Take a look at this thread:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/...8010900141/p/1

It provides some good examples of hardship waivers that were approved. Please make sure that you have sound supporting evidence for your hardship claims.

Lots of luck to you and your spouse.

Comment

Originally posted by lalobablanca:
        I suffer from a series of psychological disorders: bipolar disorder, manic depression, I experience both panic and anxiety attacks. I haven't been able to afford my medication or treatments. without medication i expierence extreme irratability
        sadness,abnormal sleep patterns,excessive crying,hard time concentrating,changed eating patterns and sometimes i get to the point of thinking about sucide or wishing death upon myself.this is worse around the holiday months due to the holiday stress , finicacil stresses associated with the holidays also the anticapated stress of spending another family holiday without my husband this of course is not only extrenely hard for me but my children and family as well...
        This is your strongest hardship, so I would start the letter with it. And possible explained in more details. Like: "this started when I learned that my husband has to go back to his country...and in addition I develop XX when he left..." You'll need some medical documentation to support that.

Second would be how would you suffer if you have to relocate...no job, safety -> and that would make your healt issues even worse

and only at the end I would put financial matters (that you face since you can't relocate as explained in previous paragraph and since he can't come back and help.)

Good luck

Comment

Boo hoo hoo

Comment

what is boo hoo supposed to mean

Comment

hahahaha this is the stupid sonofmichael,,,ignore this idiot,,hes sick,,,and i think he got the flue

Comment

its boo hoo hoo;not boo hoo
                Not sonofmichael; he is my personal God; he is on sabbatical and I have stepped in to fight the battle;

Here is a (another !) video that he stars in and is appropriate to your situation

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

Comment

darkforce for your info.....you need not read my mom's posts if you're going to be an ignorant *******. stop being so stupid and you know what don't mess with my mom because there is going to be some stuff going down. you need to be more compassionate for other ppls feelings...there are a lot of ppl going through hard times and you need to just not be an idiot you dumbass

and boo hoo is boo hoo not boo hoo hoo cuz omg what's the extra hoo going to do....make you look smarter i think not. and you'll being crying a river... of blood if you don't shut your mouth

Comment

Not very nice

Comment

well how do you think i felt

Comment

I'm sorry. Now I feel bad. Here is my videotaped apolgy. Can we get along?
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=tgiR04ey7-M

Comment

it is positively amazing that every VI that has married some greencard-seeking illegal always has a variety of mental disorders, medical probelms from A-Z and sick parents....yea right....boo hoo means your HSL is a collection of fantasies. I vote 'disapprove.'

Comment

yea well i personaly dnt give a **** what you have to say and by the way we were together for 11 years before we were married or even thought about a green card and you have no clue the things i have been through in my life and i would such rather be with a hard working mexican then a piece of **** lazy american

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lalobablanca:
                              what do you think of my hardship letter

plz respond

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board