Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Naturalization be revoke after divorce?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Naturalization be revoke after divorce?

Is there a way to revoke a naturalization after divorce? Husband cheated and left 2 mos after the naturalization was completed? Looks like fraud, used me and possibly have planned it all these years.

Is there a way to revoke a naturalization after divorce? Husband cheated and left 2 mos after the naturalization was completed? Looks like fraud, used me and possibly have planned it all these years.

Comment

Do you have any evidence to proof that the naturalization was a fraud?
      Sec. 340.[8 U.S.C. 1451] (a)You can file an affidavit showing good cause therefor, to institute proceedings in any district court of the United States in the judicial dist. in which the naturalized citizen may reside at the time of bringing suit, for the purpose of revoking and setting aside the order admitting such person to citizenship and canceling the certifictae of naturalization.
      This is not a full text of the law it has about few pages.
      You can lookup in INA you will find the complete law it also refer to other laws as well.

Comment

What is INA?

Wonder types of proofs I would need. Leaving two months after taking oaths for citizenship, would that be some types of a proof. Sorry don't know much about these kind of stuff.

Thanks.

Comment

The INA is the Immigration and Nationality Act. You can also *google* Tile 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations for the regulations.

Leaving a marriage 2 months after naturalisation may not be sufficient to promote an investigation. There are oodles of opportunities for aliens to leave a marriage, where the basis for eligibility is the marriage-based petition, and long before naturalisation has occured, without losing any permanent residency opportunity.

Do you have more evidence?
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

First of, thank you everyone for the replies, truly appreciate it.

No just left me right after naturalization. I'm afraid that's it. I can't think of any other proof that I have. I guess that's it.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation