Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iperson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No one in America complains about the latter.
    And I suppose none of the attendees at the multitude of anti-war rallies are American? You must be wearing blinders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shall say the majority of American people, not no one. There are people who voice their anti-war objections, certainly. But the mainstream media and the national discussion ignores the facts coming out of the Wikileaks leaked documents, instead focusing on Assange's personal secret life, trying to do everything to assassinate his character.
    It's notable how silent the discourse is about the atrocities of the Iraq war, called by the Right collateral damage.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mainstream media and the American majority have nothing to do with each other. They are unrelated. I will venture a guess there are more Americans against the wars than for them at this point.

Comment

I find it incredible that the very same lot who cheered when Bush did his "troop surge" in 2007 now say Afghanistan is a lost cause. Obama's done everything they wanted but of course it's not enough. For the record, Bush almost abandoned Afghanistan in 2005 after nearly securing the country in favor of Iraq. We are now almost back to the same position where Bush left it in 2005.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation