Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice

hi everyone. new to this site. i'm in a bind right now. 6 months into my second h1b extension 7th h1b year overall, i was laid off. I was hoping to keep extending my h1b until my LPR was granted, but since the LPR is based on my employer sponsoring me, now i understand it's void. it's very frustrating and scary because it means i need to find a new employer and start the whole process over. I was already 4 years into the process and my case has already reached the DOL.

here are my questions:

is h1b, and finding a new sponsor the only way for me to stay legally in this country?
    if i find a new employer will i get 3 years h1b or only a year?

my daughter (5-year-old) is a USC, isn't there something about not separating families?

does anyone know what are the requirements to get an I Visa (Press)?

thanks

hi everyone. new to this site. i'm in a bind right now. 6 months into my second h1b extension 7th h1b year overall, i was laid off. I was hoping to keep extending my h1b until my LPR was granted, but since the LPR is based on my employer sponsoring me, now i understand it's void. it's very frustrating and scary because it means i need to find a new employer and start the whole process over. I was already 4 years into the process and my case has already reached the DOL.

here are my questions:

is h1b, and finding a new sponsor the only way for me to stay legally in this country?

my daughter (5-year-old) is a USC, isn't there something about not separating families?

thanks

Comment

I don't think there is a law or anything about separating families, otherwise some people who are desperate would make sure their child was born here for that reason... Hopefully someone will respond that is knowledgeable about H1b though.

Comment

thanks, still learning. i'm meeting with my useless attorney tomorrow we'll see how much he tries to discourage me.

Comment

Visit http://www.immigrationportal.com/, that site appears to have quite a few people that are knowledgeable on H1 visa issues.

Originally posted by alien nation:

here are my questions:

thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed