X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ntfd3
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devildog7769:
    hey everyone, especially Aneri.

I just wanted to thank you all for your information and encouragement. The interview was a joke!! lol. He asked us if we still lived at the address on our app. When we met, he asked for my licensce her passport and that was it!. No other supporting docs whatsoever, we had a ton of them which I am sure he saw so maybe that worked in our favor. He immediately stamped her passport with the temp. green card and said we should receive the regular one in about 3-5 weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NEVER SAY THE INTERVIEW WAS A JOKE!!! please!! it annoys me that people refer to it as a joke. Its a serious process and not to be taken lightly, just because u got approved and it went easier than u expected others are not as fortunate!! Mine went very well with the outcome I wished for, but I would NEVER EVER call the porcess a joke, it was stressful, it caused many sleepless nights, and it made me make sure all my documentation was in order!! Nothing funny about it at all!!!!

Many dont get the outcome they want, they have to re submit, they have to go home... they are not laughing and reading it was a joke i am not either!

Leave a comment:

• moonlight24
    replied
    we had interview nov.15th 07.basicaly it went well.officer approved i-130 and said ihave bad news i-485 abandoned.he suggest withdraw otherwise i t will be denied in a week anyway.its abandoned bacause i took my wife to my country meet family and i used my valid j-1 visa ididnt know i shoulndnt use and it happened, officer said its you guys didnt know and he said re-file,i believe your marriage and approved i-130.but i forget to ask him iwas upset.my valid visa expired and my staus was pending i-485 now its withdrawed.but i-130 approved what is my status ,am i eligible to re-file .PLEASE HELP WITH THE IDEAS thanks..

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    You should bring a notarized letter from your parents/father that you both are renting a room in his house and utilities are included until such time you can rent a place on your own.

Hope everything goes well and congrats for finally an interview.

Leave a comment:

• moonlight24
    replied
    hi guys i have interview in couple weeks november 15 .please if u guys have any advice we have everything wedding pictures etc.but we still lived my wife,s parents house because i dont have job we can support the house now.my father in law take care of us THANK HIM i was working but my work visa expired i applied EAD but idint recieved yet.anyway i dont care beacause interview cameup. actually i had everything but house bills and stuff.do u guys think it will be problem?I WILL APPRECIATE IF ANY ADVICE THANK U

Leave a comment:

• devildog7769
    replied
    hi user 1

my wife came here on a visa waiver(I94)
    we were interview in our state NH and it went incredibly smoothly. We of course had all of our ducks in a row and I think the gentleman who interviewed us could see that and he stamped her passport and said congratulations and welcome. She got her green card 8 days later!! My advice is to go in fully prepared with all of the needed docs. and just be honest, if you have nothing to hide then all will go well. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    hi
    devildog7769
    where you went for interview i mean which state and city and how you came to this country on visa or without visa iam asking because i ahve interview in newark new jersey next week if you can reply my email is ballebali@hotmail.com

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    Great...I am happy for you guys. Most of the times it turs out for the interview to be just like yours was. It never hurts to be prepared though ...

Leave a comment:

• devildog7769
    replied
    hey everyone, especially Aneri.

I just wanted to thank you all for your information and encouragement. The interview was a joke!! lol. He asked us if we still lived at the address on our app. When we met, he asked for my licensce her passport and that was it!. No other supporting docs whatsoever, we had a ton of them which I am sure he saw so maybe that worked in our favor. He immediately stamped her passport with the temp. green card and said we should receive the regular one in about 3-5 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    amina my interview is next month still time if u have any more idea for me please can i get ur email address mine is ballebali@hotmail.com thank you all i will apprecIATE YOUR SUGGETIONS

Leave a comment:

• amina
    replied
    Hi there,
    hope your interview went well. I wish I was able to write earlier. Anyway, I have been in the same situation. All we had to bring with my husband to an initial interview some proof of our relationship like pictures of our wedding and joint bank account statement.
    Good luck on all of your endeavours!

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    User1,

the best advice is: relax!

If you married out of love and you don't have some dark secrets, you'll do just fine. I am sure you have necessary papers, and that's it.

In a month or so you'll laugh at how much you were stressing out over nothing.

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    ANERI CAN U AADVISE ME TO GET PREPARE FOR AOS INTERVIEW

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    HI
    WIZARD
    WHICH STATE U LIVE
    IAM ALSO HAVE AOS INTERVIEW NEXT MONTH BUT IT SAYS INITIAL INTERVIEW FOR I485AN DI LIVE IN NJ AND OUR INTERVIEW IS NEWARK

Leave a comment:

• Wizardz28
    replied
    Hi Devildog,

What state you in? I just had my interview for I-485. The guy who interviewed us didn't ask a lot of questions. In fact he asked me for all the copies we had (marriage license, daughter's birth certifica, anything with both our names) and then he just asked what date we were married and what our birthdates were. That was it. I have been married for 7 years and we have an 8 year old daughter together. But during my interview I was told that my background check is not yet back and that once it clears I will get my approval in the mail. I had a post to see how long it would take, the letter they gave me was to inquire through infopass if I have not heard anything by 90 days. Hope everything goes well for you and your wife. Please let me know what happens after your interview.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    when and why it takes years to get GC? different people, different circumstences, make many different stories...some categories get only a certain number of immigrant visas issued per year; so more people apply, longer they wait.
    Spouses of permanent residents are curently waiting about 6 years before their turn comes to receive GC.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation