Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affidavit for removal of condition

I am about to file I-751 to remove the condition from my permanent residentship (marriage based).
    I am required to present affidavits from at least 2 people who have known both of us (me and my husband) since my conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of our marriage and relationship.
    Could i use the affidavits from my parents-in-law since they truly know our relationship from the very beginning and the nature of our marriage?
    Could they be the only 2 people that give the affidavit?
    One of them is also gave an affidavit of support when i was filing initially.
    Also, do the affidavits need to be notarized?
    Thank you for any info.

hi ukrainka and welcome
    yes you can use the affidavits from your parents in law
    yes they can be the only two if u dont have other friends or famiy members but i'll say to get at least 5 more will make it better. what about neighbors? friends at work?
    they dont need to be notarized but it's better if they are

Comment

Some have more than two.
      I think the more the better.
      It can be your families , your friends
      or neighbors.

Yes they need to notarized them.

Good Luck!

Comment

no speed_025 it doesn't have to be notarized but it's better if it is

Comment

really? wow I'll let my bestfriend know.

Btw.. thanks for the advice Mike before.
          my bestfriend on his way to his interview
          this April he's . Wife got her EAD.

Comment

great congrat congrat and you'r very welcome . and yes it doesn't have to be notarized but of course it will look better if it's . u can download the i-751 instructions and u will see that its not required by law to be notarized . but if it was me i'll notarized

Comment

it

Comment

I just wanted to add, the people that you choose may be also called to be interviewed by the USCIS to question them about your marriage, so choose carefully in case they are not willing to be interviewed.

Doesn't happen often, but you can't rule it out.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

You're not required to present affidavits, you include them if it helps to show that your marriage is bona fide.
                  Originally posted by ukrainka:
                  I am about to file I-751 to remove the condition from my permanent residentship (marriage based).
                  I am required to present affidavits from at least 2 people who have known both of us (me and my husband) since my conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of our marriage and relationship.
                  Could i use the affidavits from my parents-in-law since they truly know our relationship from the very beginning and the nature of our marriage?
                  Could they be the only 2 people that give the affidavit?
                  One of them is also gave an affidavit of support when i was filing initially.
                  Also, do the affidavits need to be notarized?
                  Thank you for any info.

Comment

You're not required to present affidavits, you include them if it helps to show that your marriage is bona fide.
                    It is on the list of the documents that should "cover but not limited to", i thought it meant " required".
                    Anyway, thank you all for your advice.

Comment

Hi Ukrainka, Mike is right... It is better to be notarized. In my case since I am divorced to my USC husband. I asked four of my friends who were in my wedding and had been witness to us until we broke up. I also asked a photocopy of thier U.S passport (front only) or passport number, place of birth and attached it to the affidavit.

Comment

Cool avatar, Makinis!

Comment

Originally posted by mike_2007:
                          no speed_025 it doesn't have to be notarized but it's better if it is

Yes Mike .. They have to be notarized per instructions of uscis.

Sworn affidavits is the language used in description.

Sworn before a notary or some type of county official that it is a true statement tht is being made.

I-864 is an affadavit of support. This is the only form that needs to be notarized or sworn.

The fact that it is an affadavit implies such. The other way acceptable is to use a "under penalty of perjury declaration. Which also makes the person accountable for the statments made.

see definition:

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">affidavit</span> n. 1) any written document in which the signer swears under oath before a Notary Public or someone authorized to take oaths (like a County Clerk), that the statements in the document are true. 2) in many states a declaration under penalty of perjury, which does not require the oath-taking before a Notary is the equivalent of an affidavit.

Comment

letters from friends and family members for the i-751 have to be notarized? hmmm i didnt know hat, i download the i-751 instructions from the uscis website and i didnt see were it says it have to be notarized. but in anyhow yes it's better and like i said if it was me i will make sure they will be notarized

Comment

Taken from instructions on 751

5. <span class="ev_code_RED">Affidavits sworn to </span>or affirmed by at least two people whohave known both of you since your conditional residencewas granted and have personal knowledge of yourmarriage and relationship. (Such persons may be requiredto testify before an immigration officer as to theinformation contained in the affidavit.) The originalaffidavit must be submitted and also contain the followinginformation regarding the person making the affidavit:his or her full name and address; date and place of birth;relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and fullinformation and complete details explaining how theperson acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must besupported by other types of evidence listed above.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation