X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJs
    replied
    Dude, you are faster than I am. Just about 2 seconds ago, I saw Folyskia's post on the update about USCIS STILL issuing 551 stamps. I just opened a new discussion to let everyone know.
    Sorry, I didn't get your point. I have been
    p i sss ed off since I heard about this and all for nothing. Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    AJs,

I think you missed my point. USCIS *is* issuing temp I-551 stamps again. You *can* get a stamp at the interview.

Leave a comment:

• AJs
    replied
    I hope that they will still be giving the stamp when it's our turn for the interview, or I hope they have some other resolution. I just can't imagine having waiting all that time, of going to the interview and still not being able to leave. That's why it's so important that they come up something to grant LPR's at their interview.
    You are right about the congressman not being able to do anything to expedite our case, it's just wishful thinking.

In your case, from everything that I read about the recent changes to the 551 stamp problem, if you already have the stamp, POEs are still accepting them. It really only involves the people who are going to the interview from now on. They will have to wait to get the physical card.
    Thanks for all your input, and I am glad you still come back to this board to offer your experience and advice.

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    You can also call the congressman's aide and they will usually speak to you over the phone about your case. From there, they can recommend what you should send to them, etc.

I wouldn't call Miller, but that's just my political feelings erupting from within (if you get my drift).

P.S. See my update about the I-551 stamps. USCIS has agreed to continue issuing them again. Go figure...

Leave a comment:

• reina90
    replied
    AJ,
    I am hoping this is just a thought for BCIS. We have plane tickets already for our trip. Hopefully the stamp will be okay. If your hubby gets approved, and granted they still issue the stamp, he CAN travel with just the stamp. Overstay or not, if his passport gets stamped he can travel. That is what the officer told me when I asked. She said "Yes with no problems" Congressman is really good at solving problems but stink at trying to move the process, we waited 2 years 9 months. I contacted them several times about seeing if they could speed things up, got the same answer several times. Just wait.

Leave a comment:

• AJs
    replied
    Thanks for responding. And yes, with us it's just the wait. Have you been reading this business about no more 551 stamps. I am so upset. Especially since it's taking 6months + for people in Atlanta to actually get their physical green card.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the congressman for assistance in expediting. I am sure I'll get the ole "you'll have to wait your turn" but maybe i'll get lucky and something will be done.
    Thanks for your help.
    By the way, keep us posted on when your husband actually gets the physical green card. I know he got his passport stamped. Thank God for that, but I am trying to assess how long after the interview the wait will be to get the GC. My husband can't apply of AP due to overstay so he will not be able to travel until he get's the physical card. UNBELIEVABLE!

Leave a comment:

• reina90
    replied
    It is best to call them explain breifly your problem and they will send you all the papers that tell you wait they need. If any additional info is needed, they will let you know.

Leave a comment:

• reina90
    replied
    An intake sheet is a form you fill out with name, address, phone, social, alien number and what forms you filled out. Then it asks for the nature of the problem, and what you would like to see done. From the post I have read of yours, it seems that everything is in order for you, just the wait is an issue, and there is nothing that can be done in that matter. I know from experience.

Leave a comment:

• AJs
    replied
    Which congressman should I send a letter to?
    Isacson, Chambliss, Miller?
    What should the letter say?
    What evidence should I send?

thanks for everyone's input on sending a letter to your congressman

To Reina:
    I saw you posted this in another discussion:

Your Congressman can be of great help. We enlisted ours and got a positive response within a week. What you have to do, is get a intake sheet, fill it out, and fax that sheet along with proper documents to your congressman.
    What is an intake sheet?

Leave a comment:

• AJs
    started a topic Letter to congressman: Atlanta

Letter to congressman: Atlanta

Which congressman should I send a letter to?
    Isacson, Chambliss, Miller?
    What should the letter say?
    What evidence should I send?

thanks for everyone's input on sending a letter to your congressman

To Reina:
    I saw you posted this in another discussion:

Your Congressman can be of great help. We enlisted ours and got a positive response within a week. What you have to do, is get a intake sheet, fill it out, and fax that sheet along with proper documents to your congressman.
    What is an intake sheet?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation