X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back from Canada without visa stamp

Hi everyone,

First, let me express my thanks to all those who answer all these difficult immigration questions.

My situation is this. I am on H-1B status which I got after adjusting from an F1 (student). I have the NOA but I don't have a visa stamp in my passport. There is a professional conference coming up in Canada I would like to attend. If I don't apply for a visa there, can I come back with the NOA alone (this would be about a 4 day trip).

Thanks very much for your help.

Hi everyone,

First, let me express my thanks to all those who answer all these difficult immigration questions.

My situation is this. I am on H-1B status which I got after adjusting from an F1 (student). I have the NOA but I don't have a visa stamp in my passport. There is a professional conference coming up in Canada I would like to attend. If I don't apply for a visa there, can I come back with the NOA alone (this would be about a 4 day trip).

Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

Hi I m not sure about this one 100% but I think you cant just go visit Canada without visa if you don't have green card or US Citizenship .... You should apply for visa and go with that ... Good luck ... Pasha

Comment

Originally posted by Pasha Patel:
        Hi I m not sure about this one 100% but I think you cant just go visit Canada without visa if you don't have green card or US Citizenship .... You should apply for visa and go with that ... Good luck ... Pasha
        Canada's immigration is even more of a joke than America's. Chances are they won;t even notice.

Comment

lol...

I didn't know about that ...well in that case we can always try canada immigration if we get deported from here .... just kiddin...

Comment

I have read that several 'pending immigrants' got detained on Niagra Falls trip. Basically they crossed a point with a plaque indicating US soil ends here.... on the way back the whole group was greeted by INS and Border Patrol - everyone got checked. Half of a group got detained for trying to enter US illegally from Canada. I did not even know that Border Patrol was that active on the East Coast, but I guess they are. That article was few years back in the Russian Word Newspaper.
            ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation