X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning 21 in june 2009 help!

hi
    it is august 2008 and i have filed with my family since October 2000 and its like they are taking forever they have been in June of my year for a very long time and i have a boyfriend who ask me to marry him this year and we want it to be in April 2009 but because of this long processing time it has made me put everything, everywhere and everyone on hold i what to get my citizenship but i really want to get married also is there anyway i can get them to speed it up or if we get married when planned will i still get my citizenship?

hi
    it is august 2008 and i have filed with my family since October 2000 and its like they are taking forever they have been in June of my year for a very long time and i have a boyfriend who ask me to marry him this year and we want it to be in April 2009 but because of this long processing time it has made me put everything, everywhere and everyone on hold i what to get my citizenship but i really want to get married also is there anyway i can get them to speed it up or if we get married when planned will i still get my citizenship?

Comment

Hi Smithcy,

Welcome to ILW. Can you give us a timeline or some more information regarding where your paperwork stands? You are saying citizenship, but I'm wondering if you mean Legal Permanent Residence. Share more of your story and I'm sure there are some here who can provide some assistance.

Comment

i am from trinidad and my family lives in florida we applied in 2000 october and they have now reached june 2000 but we would like to have our wedding apr of 2009 and i will also be turning 21 june 2009 if i go ahead and marry him will i be able to get my papers we are in the 3rd in the processing time family do you think i should get married or the papers will come through before that

Comment

A few more questions, okay? Did you enter the USA with a valid visa and is your prospective husband a USC?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
            A few more questions, okay? Did you enter the USA with a valid visa and is your prospective husband a USC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no he is not a usc

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed