Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i-130 -when to submitt evidence if affidavits are not available?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-130 -when to submitt evidence if affidavits are not available?

I have the i-130 ready with all the documents required except the affidavits, instead i am going to submit relevant documentation, such as postcards, money transfers, pictures of both trips, hotel receipts,etc. Should I send them all the pictures and evidence now? or save most of them for the interview?

I have the i-130 ready with all the documents required except the affidavits, instead i am going to submit relevant documentation, such as postcards, money transfers, pictures of both trips, hotel receipts,etc. Should I send them all the pictures and evidence now? or save most of them for the interview?

Comment

Well Believe

YOu have decided to make your own standards. Instructions clearly ask for affidavits. Why take the chance of a hard nosed I/O reviewing your case and make your decision delayed because you did not give them what they have determined to be uscis criteria.

I am not saying that you will not be approved without affidavits, many are... but why take the chance?

very easy. type out copy of quick letters and have your friends/relative sign and you have complied with uscis instructions.

Comment

I am not making my own standards.. take a look at the instructions for the I-130 under What documents do you need to prove a family relationship?
        I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the personmaking the affidavit, his or her relationship to thepetitioner of beneficiary, if any, and completeinformation and details explaining how the personacquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or
        J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.
        You mentioned to type out of letters to have my friends/relatives sign.. my family and friends would certainly sign them, they know of my marriage however, my spouse is not in the US and they've never met in person.. would these affidavits still be what is required by USCIS? If so, should they be notarized too?

Comment

Yes they got to be notarized..am in the process of doing some now.
          "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

caribbean, do u know if those signing the affidavits must know my spouse in person? They know of our marriage sure, they've seen our pics and all our documents I've brought back. My family talks with my spouse by phone. We married in his native country.
            Any feedback on this and what is good to include in the affidavits? I'd greatly appreciate it. I talked with USCIS, they have given me conflicting information, one said.. its ok to have my family or friends make the affidavits tho they've never met my spouse in person they know of our marriage.. and the other said, its best to submitt as much "other relevant documentation" with the I-130 petition!... HELPPPPP i dont know which way to goooo

Comment

Yes both are correct...you can have family members or friends sign affidavits although am not sure about if the have to KNOW you personally but all my affidavits are from people that know us personally but i dont see it as a problem if they just know about the marriage.
              "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

her friends or parents can write letters as they knew you where you got married in her home country.

your parents can write letters, as they have spoken by phone and were a part of you getting married thru pictures etc.

this is not a big deal.

I am assuming you filed k-3 package. did your wife's country had direct consular processing?

Comment

I see, I will have my family write some of the affidavits, and have my spouse request some from his side of friends and family to have on hand for the interview. Yes there is direct consular processing, but only if I lived in the country for 6 months +. I am just in the process of sending in the I-130, I will file for the K-3 visa once I have receipt as confirmation that USCIS has the I-130 petition. Im stressed from this already, I wonder if i should get a lawyer to handle the K-3? I know that the process can be delayed if there is mistakes

Comment

oh i thought maybe you had been there and then decided to get married.

no .. dont waste money.. you can do this yourself.

congrats and best wishes

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BELIEVE:
                      I have the i-130 ready with all the documents required except the affidavits, instead i am going to submit relevant documentation, such as postcards, money transfers, pictures of both trips, hotel receipts,etc. Should I send them all the pictures and evidence now? or save most of them for the interview? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BELIEVE, Send in the all the required documents that you have. It is of utmost benefit to send in affidavits from those whom have 'seen' you both together. It's preferable to have the majority from his family since they've seen you both together. Examples are affidavits from those that were at the wedding and other related functions such as reception, church, dinners, parties, anyone that saw you together be it family or friends from his country. Request these from his family which will carry more weight. // You don't have to have a boatload. The ones submitted right now with the I-130 are of this 'present date.' You can always submit more of those later. // Your family hasn't seen him but they can swear to the fact that they have knowledge of the marriage in the ways you've mentioned. That's all they can do is swear they have knowledge. It's up to you how many affidavits you send in now keeping in mind you should reserve a couple for a later date in the event you're asked for more. As far as having the same individual do another affidavit at a later date I've no idea if that's acceptable. The few you reserve will have a more current date if USCIS requests more affidavits. BTW, the affidavits should include explanation of how this person is aware of the marriage and how they became knowledgeable of it and when/why they were around you. That's more credible than somebody just signing their name to an affidavit that is the structured identically as the last person who signed one for you.

Comment

Thank you everybody for all your kind help and best wishes. I just mailed the I-130 tho, I read about the backlog in TSC

Comment

Most likely it will be transfered to CSC...mine was transfered from TSC to CSC.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation