I751 with separation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThErE Is wAy iNsIdE OuT To eVeRy pUzZlE To bEaT ThE SyStEm. NoViCe mAkE BeLiEvE ThEy dOn't kNoW YeT ThEy kNoW MoRe tHaN ExPeRt tHiNk wHaT ThEy dOn't kNoW. iRoNiCaLlY JuDiCiAl sYsTeM Is oPtIoNaL KnOwInG WaYs aRoUnD It.
    Everything comes in circles ....... The old wheel turns, and the same spoke comes up. It's all been done before, and will be again.

Comment

False Innocence Seeking Compassion! Planning For years! Part Of many Cultures To pass Along The Information To Succeed! Always Learning! Always Up To Date With The Change! Great Information Highway Now!!! Judicial System Of Flaws One Of The Greatest Tools For Those With Agenda! USC Knows To Avoid The System At All Cost!!! Those With Agenda Now Do Anything To Get The Situation Into The System!!! LIE, CHEAT, MANIPULATE, DECEIVE! The System Their Best Friend!!! .
      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

ThE GaMe a fOoT StArTs aT FiRsT StEp oF InNoCeNt aMeRiCaN WeAkNeSs dEtEcTiOn. ThE PlAnNiNg iS WhEn a fOoT LaNdS On tHeE LaNd. ReSt iS JuSt tHe gAmE Of sTaTuEs wHeRe tHeE ImMiGrAnT StArTs iTs pLaY. tHe uSc iS LeFt iN TuRmOiL. tHe sToRy rEcYlCeS GeNeRaTiOnS AfTeR GeNeRaTiOnS.
        Everything comes in circles ....... The old wheel turns, and the same spoke comes up. It's all been done before, and will be again.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandy_sandy:
          Hi Hudson,
          Thanks for your response.
          What happens in cases where divorce is not finalized before interview. Theoretically they should postpone the interview until the divorce gets over or atleast give reasonable time for one or both parties to push it to get over. Do they do that ? I read about vegas divorces in 2 weeks... any ideas..guys???
          We don't have a kid and fortunately our financial condition is not very tangled, so I think. I think if it gets to that level, I don't think we have much to fight over; only time will tell. My main concern is timeline. Seem like I can't afford too much time because either way I am the one affected in terms of my legal presence in this country.

I am thinking immigration lawyer but as a alot of ppl here, money is not freely flowing also, atleast not where lawyers talk in thousands and not hundreds ...
          by the way, how much a lawyer charge approx? Also need to worry about lawyers experience/credibility as I have read in some cases, some really bad advices have come from lawyers too....

hudson ..what do you mean in 1. when you said this scenario is unlikely ? Us getting back together ?

thanks once again for your response..
          I am very worried...
          people, please help ...
          sandy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Hi Sandy,

From your post, I am not sure if you have filed the I-751 or not. If not, I would wait until the divorce is final. If you file beyond your 2 conditional status, you will need to attach a statement explaining why you filed late. Reasonable explanations should be accepted by USCIS. However, do not wait too long beyond the date or else you risk your status.

If you have already filed and divorce is not settled, you might potentially postpone the interview once or twice. But the way USCIS is currently operating, you probably will get another year extended on your conditional green card, and thus, may complete the divorce proceeding before the interview. However, this strategy may also risk your status.

An immigration lawyer would cost your betwen two thousand to five thousand dollars. But there is free immigration help as well. This site provides lists of free legal help in the state you reside in. There are limitations to their service, but your situation does not fit into that situation.

Sandy, as for my reference about the two of you getting back together, I was referring to the time limit you have when in order to adjust your status. When you lose the trust that exists between a husband and a wife, it is hard to get that trust back. In most cases, the trust is never fully restored. And in your situation, you also have a time limit, which adds pressure that getting back together becomes more difficult. Thus, refiling the I-751 based on a joint petition, not a waiver, is an unlikely scenario, in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Thanks hudson,
            I don't know what is going to happen. One day it seem like we are making progress but then the very next day bring us back to square one.
            I don't think I can wait until the divorce (if we decide to go for it ) is over. It will be 4 months over my conditional residency date and I am sure by then USCIS will start their removal proceedings.
            I have to apply with the waiver and see what happens. I read that in these cases the case comes to the local office for the interview. Does it follow the same time course (ie 1 year wait time currently for vermont center) or since it is going to be handled by local office, they just sort it out as they recieve it and send it right away to local office ? How does it work ?
            sandy

Comment

when does it end????
              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation