X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great USCIS - My I 751 update

Hi everyone ,

R u guys ready for my update on I-751? I m just kidding... 2 days ago I got a letter from the great USCIS... I thought it got to be an approval or interview letter for my pending I 751 as I submitted in 1st week of april...but guess what? They sent me notice of action / a welcome letter to united states stating that they have registered my permanent residence and I should get my conditional green card in 3 weeks.... And then they wrote all the info that I should apply for removal of condition on my green card in a timely manner.... WTF?

When I read patti's approval I thought as I filed with TSC 1 month later than patti did...so may be its related to my approval / interview and by mistake they sent me wrong letter ?????? I don't know ...what do u guys think I should do now? I guess same had happened to sphyrapicus also if I remember it correctly... sphyrapicus...kindly let me know what actions did u take after receiving such letter from them... I guess we all are in same boat.... Lets see how many more wrong letters they send to me before my actual approval or interview...have a great evening ...Pasha

Hi everyone ,

R u guys ready for my update on I-751? I m just kidding... 2 days ago I got a letter from the great USCIS... I thought it got to be an approval or interview letter for my pending I 751 as I submitted in 1st week of april...but guess what? They sent me notice of action / a welcome letter to united states stating that they have registered my permanent residence and I should get my conditional green card in 3 weeks.... And then they wrote all the info that I should apply for removal of condition on my green card in a timely manner.... WTF?

When I read patti's approval I thought as I filed with TSC 1 month later than patti did...so may be its related to my approval / interview and by mistake they sent me wrong letter ?????? I don't know ...what do u guys think I should do now? I guess same had happened to sphyrapicus also if I remember it correctly... sphyrapicus...kindly let me know what actions did u take after receiving such letter from them... I guess we all are in same boat.... Lets see how many more wrong letters they send to me before my actual approval or interview...have a great evening ...Pasha

Comment

Pasha, I think congratulations are in order? I guess you'll know for sure when the green card arrives! Is there no way to check online the status? Surely you wouldn't accidentally get an approval notice????

Comment

Thanks still...

I really hope that you are right .... Well I guess at least one thing is for sure that someone has already looked at my file and that's why the letter came even if it was a wrong letter... I guess it could be because if u guys remember I called them up just for the **** of it .... But one thing I realized for sure...and same I read everywhere else when I was doing intense research on this matter last year...

Whenever you contact them or bring their attention to something ...they definitely look at your file and something moves forward...that's for sure ... so if u don't have to worry for interview or direct approval ...for example...in my case I wouldn't mind if I were called for an interview...we live together married.... So now I m going to call them again and tell that I got this by mistake and probably will send a letter also with previous reference to NOA .....that I got it by mistake.... Who knows in next month I get my actual approval? there is nothing wrong in trying.

Sphyrapicus ....kinldy let me know what did u do when u got such letter? I m pretty sure as long as I remember your case...same happened to u too....thanks...Pasha

Comment

Hi Pasha,

The letter you received is the same letter that anyone who files a change of address while an I-751 is pending receives. It is a glitch in the system. I don't know why you received one though since you didn't file an address change, did you?

I sent TSC a letter letting them know I received the NOA in error. I copied the incorrect NOA and included it with my letter to TSC. I never heard a response back. I did get my approval letter in about a month after I sent TSC the letter.

But, by all means, this is NOT an approval letter so I wouldn't start celebrating quite yet.

Good luck Pasha - you should receive the real approval letter soon I hope.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Sphyrapicus....

Yes I filed change of address... but it's in the same town and 5 minutes away from where I live right now... as I m in process of selling the motel... I gave our relative's address...but I thought it wasn't that important to update you guys as this doesn't change anything I mean town or service center...or my situation coz we are married and both will move together when the deal for motel will be finalized probably in couple of days soon enough...the letter says I 797 C Notice of Action – welcome notice.... Yeah I figured it out that its not an approval... with my busy schedule and lot of things going on I even forgot about I 751 for last couple of months...but again I started visiting ILW as I received this letter... thanks for the wishes...I too hope this letter means the file is already in process and I should hear from them soon .... I will do the same and write them a letter with copy of this I 797 C that I received and my original NOA in reference of my filed I 751.... Thanks again...have a great day....Pasha

Comment

Pasha!

I think you can consider this letter more as a good sign than the bad one. Patti just got approved, so I feel like you'll be fine in about a month or two. Good luck, man!

Comment

What a serious mistake for them to make! Geesh! And, I wasn't thinking when I read it first time, it says welcome and you're already a PR, duh. It reminds me of the horribly antiquated systems that we're using where I am, working for the state. If we put Y in this blank it sends that sort of letter, if we put an A it sends that sort of letter. And you have to pull these "codes" out of a hat. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Welcome to the United States Still Learning.

I wish govt wud start by fixing its problems before trying to fix Iraq.

Comment

Pasha,
                    I received the same letter a month after i called 800# to ask them why I didn't receive a confirmation of change of address, also it is normal to receive it even if your new address is 5 minutes away from your old address, and that was my situation, you'll receive another confirmation of change of address from TSC.

And by the way, I received the approval letter 1 day after the confirmation from CSC, so hang on, it is coming your way.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi edgrapes, still, JD and injoy...

Thanks everyone... yeah edgrapes...I m taking it as a very positive sign because there are so many examples on our board only that got approval within a month after receiving such or other notice from BCIS... like sphyrapicus, Injoy, edgrapes, patti and many others.... So this is definitely a positive sign... hopefully I should be getting an approval soon enough too...

Still ... I agree with you...this is something that they know its mistake but apparently it happened with everyone in case of change of address so I don't know how could they be so careless and send everyone with AR – 11 such a notice when people who filed I -751 are already a permanent residents of united states ...? I don't understand the logic after sending welcome notice again as new PR and that we should remove conditions on green card after 2 yrs while the petition for removal of condition has been pending for couple of months now and for some even more than a year ....or may be there is some hidden agenda in it to check something or whatever that BCIS knows only ????

Thanks injoy ... after knowing about you guys I feel pretty good as this is a usual formality / process that everyone goes through... I appreciate your input... Pasha

Comment

Hey Pasha, I just thought of something that I wanted to ask you.....My approval letter is an I-797 and in the instructions from BSCIS it said to bring along my I-797C letter with 2 ADIT photos. Is the welcome letter you received a I-797 or a I-797C? Boy this stuff can be confusing sometimes!!

Comment

Hi Patti ...

Thanks for sharing that information...I didn't know at all that I 751 approval is I 797...what I got in mail is I-797 C , Notice of Action and in notice type it says "welcome notice"...

I have one question for Sphyrapicus and all of you guys... I got this from this address...

Immigration and Naturalization Service
                          Texas service center
                          P.O. BOX 851488 – DEPT A
                          Mesquite, TX 75185 – 1488

Should write a letter with attached photocopy of this NOA - I 797 C that I got to the above mentioned address or some other address do I need to sent it too? Thanks I want to send it tomorrow...so if u guys read it kindly reply...will check it early morning tomorrow before leaving or will just send them day after tomorrow...thanks ...Pasha

Comment

Patti, Nursee,
                            If that's what you received, sorry to tell you that it wasn't the I-751 approval, as the approval I received was printed on a plain letter size paper, and it was a print out that states the following:
                            Your petition for removing the conditions... has been approved.

It was from the CSC not from the BCIS! You might need to double check.

Comment

Pasha,
                              I don't think you need to send anything as you already have your conditional green card! I believe they have an error in their system to send this form as a confirmation of the change of address, IMHO you don't need to send anything, just keep it for your own records. I didn't send anything.

Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed