X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa options currently open to work in US: job offer? EAD questions

Hi,

I am working in Canada on a workers visa. I have an opportunity to work in the US now, as I have interviewed with a potential company. I was wondering what visa options I have:

1. I have heard that H1 quota gets over the day the quota is opened. Is it too late to apply for a H1 even by premium processing?

2. What other options do I have that I can suggest to the company to pursue?

Also, since I graduated from a university in the US, my OPT is still valid until may 31st. Two questions:

1. the EAD card says that it is not valid for reentry. Does it hold good for Canada also?

2. is it true that there is a grace period of 2 months after the EAD card has expired?

I would appreciate any help with these questions.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am working in Canada on a workers visa. I have an opportunity to work in the US now, as I have interviewed with a potential company. I was wondering what visa options I have:

1. I have heard that H1 quota gets over the day the quota is opened. Is it too late to apply for a H1 even by premium processing?

2. What other options do I have that I can suggest to the company to pursue?

Also, since I graduated from a university in the US, my OPT is still valid until may 31st. Two questions:

1. the EAD card says that it is not valid for reentry. Does it hold good for Canada also?

2. is it true that there is a grace period of 2 months after the EAD card has expired?

I would appreciate any help with these questions.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed