X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to be with my little family!!

dear friends,

i am in desperate need of advice concerning travel. my reason for traveling is to be with my wife and two daughters who are in the san francisco area. i am currently living in anchorage alaska right now so im pretty sure all of you can understand my plight. my main concern has to do with traveling as i only have a tourist visa and am not a legal resident though my visa petition is being processed as i write this. i just need to know if i can travel to be with my little family with only this visa or do i need any other documents?

many of you might be wondering why we are so far apart and i believe that its important for me to at least help those who might go through the same thing that i am unfortunately trying to get through. my wife and i have been married for five years now and until recently i thought we were doing well. i am a foreign national from the independent state of samoa. she is from the united states territory of american samoa. we have two wonderful little girls. my oldest is a united states national while my youngest is a united states citizen. my wife took our girls and left me in alaska to start fresh in san francisco though she did not inform me at all. as a loving husband i can understand why she did what she did even if she went about it the wrong way. oh and if your wondering as to what her reason was, all she said was that she was unhappy with life up here in alaska. yes i know it sounds foolish but i still love her. its just that it hurts because she did not even say anything about her plans. no i do not want to take any legal recourse because she is still my wife and i love her probably more than she'll ever know. my only comfort in this whole messy situation is hearing that their doing fine and that she wants me to be with her in san francisco.

this is why i write this plea for help from anybody who thinks that they can help me. please advise me as to what to do because i need to know if i can travel safely to be with them. i am currently looking up air fares but im really hesitant as whether i can do it or not. please friends, i desperately need your help to be with my little family and be whole again.

"my life for them"

saddened samoan

dear friends,

i am in desperate need of advice concerning travel. my reason for traveling is to be with my wife and two daughters who are in the san francisco area. i am currently living in anchorage alaska right now so im pretty sure all of you can understand my plight. my main concern has to do with traveling as i only have a tourist visa and am not a legal resident though my visa petition is being processed as i write this. i just need to know if i can travel to be with my little family with only this visa or do i need any other documents?

many of you might be wondering why we are so far apart and i believe that its important for me to at least help those who might go through the same thing that i am unfortunately trying to get through. my wife and i have been married for five years now and until recently i thought we were doing well. i am a foreign national from the independent state of samoa. she is from the united states territory of american samoa. we have two wonderful little girls. my oldest is a united states national while my youngest is a united states citizen. my wife took our girls and left me in alaska to start fresh in san francisco though she did not inform me at all. as a loving husband i can understand why she did what she did even if she went about it the wrong way. oh and if your wondering as to what her reason was, all she said was that she was unhappy with life up here in alaska. yes i know it sounds foolish but i still love her. its just that it hurts because she did not even say anything about her plans. no i do not want to take any legal recourse because she is still my wife and i love her probably more than she'll ever know. my only comfort in this whole messy situation is hearing that their doing fine and that she wants me to be with her in san francisco.

this is why i write this plea for help from anybody who thinks that they can help me. please advise me as to what to do because i need to know if i can travel safely to be with them. i am currently looking up air fares but im really hesitant as whether i can do it or not. please friends, i desperately need your help to be with my little family and be whole again.

"my life for them"

saddened samoan

Comment

the only thing you'll need is a plane ticket.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeedHelpFast:
        the only thing you'll need is a plane ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really!!?? its just too good to be true but thank you for the reply. now i can do something that i havent done in a while, sleep!!

"my life for them"
        saddened samoan

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saddened samoan:
          [QUOTE]Originally posted by NeedHelpFast:
          the only thing you'll need is a plane ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"really!!?? its just too good to be true but thank you for the reply. now i can do something that i havent done in a while, sleep!!"

Really, go home and see your family, you can travel wherever you want as long as it's in the USA, and Alaska and Cali are still apart of the good ole US of A!!

Comment

thanks friend i deeply appreciate it!!

Comment

No, you are not foolish for wanting to save your marriage. It is the wisest thing in the world you can do. It will be hard, but it is the right road to take.
              Have a nice day

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                Needhelp is correct all you need is a way to get there. But you may want to make sure you will be welcomed there first. if she just up and left you have bigger problems. Get on the phone and talk to her and get it worked out. Being in Alaska can drive a person nuts unless your prepared for the lifestyle. This is what I've been told anyhow.
                Think about it, Grew up in a near tropical area like Hawaii and then moving to an ice cube, big change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually davduh, we have been keeping in touch and she's actually urging me to leave here and be with her and our girls as soon as i can. something that could have actually been much more easier had she stuck around a little longer and worked on getting my papers done. she left a great steady job and a secure life just because she was unhappy, plain and simple. personally i cant even make any life-changing decisions based on just being unhappy. however, i guess women are strange creatures and they'll do whatever it is they feel like on a whim. oh and alaska is not all that bad. ****, even an island boy like myself have found this place to be more comfortable to live in then hawaii. its only the winters that can be a drag, but nonetheless thank you for the word of caution. i appreciate it.

"my life for them"
                saddened samoan

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glühbirne:
                  No, you are not foolish for wanting to save your marriage. It is the wisest thing in the world you can do. It will be hard, but it is the right road to take. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i guess you can call me "old fashion" but really i am just weary of having to start over with anyone else. ive invested too much in this relationship just to see it go down the drain all because of a mere feeling that someone had and a few thousand miles between us to boot. i truly love her and our little angels. i just have to remember that im the sane one and most importantly a guy who has enough patience. but hey, do i need any other documents with me while im traveling? besides the passport the visa, and the plane ticket of course.

"my life for them"
                  saddened samoan

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saddened samoan:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glühbirne:
                    No, you are not foolish for wanting to save your marriage. It is the wisest thing in the world you can do. It will be hard, but it is the right road to take. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i guess you can call me "old fashion" but really i am just weary of having to start over with anyone else. ive invested too much in this relationship just to see it go down the drain all because of a mere feeling that someone had and a few thousand miles between us to boot. i truly love her and our little angels. i just have to remember that im the sane one and most importantly a guy who has enough patience. but hey, do i need any other documents with me while im traveling? besides the passport the visa, and the plane ticket of course.

"my life for them"
                    saddened samoan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You won't even need your passport and visa. Seriously. You will not go through customs, because you are not leaving this country. You will need a plane ticket and picture ID. Bring your passport and visa for identification purposes, but not for customs purposes. You are not leaving the US, you already have permission to travel within the US, you can take a thousand plane trips anywhere you like (within the USA), that includes California, Alaska, Hawaii. Happy flying, and stop wasting time, get your family back!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                      Agreed, Especially since she wants to work it out. What are you waiting for. Lets see, a cold bed in a cold place or .......... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*lol* ill definitely choose the latter and thanks for the quick laugh, i seriously needed that.

"my life for them"
                      saddened samoa

Comment

thanks for the words of encouragement needhelp. im currently looking into plane fares right now.

"my life for them"
                        saddened samoan

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs