Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE on I-485 Interview in Pittsburgh - APPROVED!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    congratulations SPrasad...glad everything went ok for you guys...it was a long overdue...Pasha

Leave a comment:

• SPrasad
    replied
    I wanted to update everyone since our interview in Pittsburgh on 8/24. My husband received his "Welcome Notice" and congratulating him on his new permanent resident status in the United States. The notice stated that he will receive his green card in the mail within three weeks.

For those of you not familiar with our case, I am the American citizen, and my husband has been in the process of immigrating from India. He arrived here on a K-3 Visa January 2004 (9 months after we married in India). We went through this entire process on our own without hiring an immigration attorney, so all we were out in expenses were filing fees. We didn't have any circumstances that would complicate our case, so we felt confident we could do this process without putting a lot of money out to an immigration attorney. Well we finally did it!

For anyone wondering, we filed the I-485 in November 2004. Our interview was in Pittsburgh on 8/24/05. My husband received his notice yesterday, 9/6/05. The date on the Welcome Notice was 9/2/5, so that was a fast decision after our interview.

Leave a comment:

• SPrasad
    started a topic UPDATE on I-485 Interview in Pittsburgh - APPROVED!!!

UPDATE on I-485 Interview in Pittsburgh - APPROVED!!!

I wanted to update everyone since our interview in Pittsburgh on 8/24. My husband received his "Welcome Notice" and congratulating him on his new permanent resident status in the United States. The notice stated that he will receive his green card in the mail within three weeks.

For those of you not familiar with our case, I am the American citizen, and my husband has been in the process of immigrating from India. He arrived here on a K-3 Visa January 2004 (9 months after we married in India). We went through this entire process on our own without hiring an immigration attorney, so all we were out in expenses were filing fees. We didn't have any circumstances that would complicate our case, so we felt confident we could do this process without putting a lot of money out to an immigration attorney. Well we finally did it!

For anyone wondering, we filed the I-485 in November 2004. Our interview was in Pittsburgh on 8/24/05. My husband received his notice yesterday, 9/6/05. The date on the Welcome Notice was 9/2/5, so that was a fast decision after our interview.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney