Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to my interview but we are not prepared..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to my interview but we are not prepared..

Hello Everyone,

I found this forum last night while doing a seach at google.
    I am in WA state and I'll be going to my interview next week together with my wife.

Although my marriage is legit, I have something I am curious about and so I need someone to please tell me what to do or think.

I am not sure if you guys know this but in Washington, things kinda go really fast and so I was caught by surprised with this interview letter about a week ago.
    I received my EAD card 2 months ago and went to apply for a social security number about a week after I got my number.
    I have been applying for so many jobs since but so far I haven't been lucky.
    I have never worked outside of my home because I didn't have papers before so it is my wife that has been suporting us for almost 2 years now. It has been really hard but hanging in there.
    I will always be thinkfull to her.

Since I didn't have a job , nor a social security before, I couldn't open a bank account not even a joint account with my wife.
    My name isn't on our bills because of that too.

Last week we went to a credit union to open a joint account and we couldn't because my Social security number somehow wasn't working on their computer so we had to go back and with many phone calls with social security back anfd forth thanks God we got that taken care of.

My question is:
    The INS is asking us in the appointment letter to bring proof that my wife and I are really married etc.. etc...

Thus we have our marriage pictures and our friends but as far as papers goes just a few like she put my name on the tax she filled for last year that's about it.
    But anyway, how can we produce those when they didn't even give me no chance to find work and make money to start to live and act like a husband should?

The reason I am saying this is because I received my EAD and my social security number not even two month plus the social security card itself I haven't even received it yet.
    I called social security and they say it is in it's way.
    They made a mistake on my mailing address so the first time they sent it to me, it was returned.
    Plus how could I put my name on our bills if I didn't have a valid social security number?

Don't you guys think this is a bit complex?
    I am not afraid at all it just that I hope they don't give me a hard time for this because in some case it isn't my fault.
    We just aren't ready..

My wife told me not too worry and that she'll handle it when we get there because she knows they just didn't give me any chance to work and start my life like normal.

Please tell me what you think.

[This message was edited by Kalakuta on March 11, 2004 at 07:50 PM.]

Hello Everyone,

I found this forum last night while doing a seach at google.
    I am in WA state and I'll be going to my interview next week together with my wife.

Although my marriage is legit, I have something I am curious about and so I need someone to please tell me what to do or think.

I am not sure if you guys know this but in Washington, things kinda go really fast and so I was caught by surprised with this interview letter about a week ago.
    I received my EAD card 2 months ago and went to apply for a social security number about a week after I got my number.
    I have been applying for so many jobs since but so far I haven't been lucky.
    I have never worked outside of my home because I didn't have papers before so it is my wife that has been suporting us for almost 2 years now. It has been really hard but hanging in there.
    I will always be thinkfull to her.

Since I didn't have a job , nor a social security before, I couldn't open a bank account not even a joint account with my wife.
    My name isn't on our bills because of that too.

Last week we went to a credit union to open a joint account and we couldn't because my Social security number somehow wasn't working on their computer so we had to go back and with many phone calls with social security back anfd forth thanks God we got that taken care of.

My question is:
    The INS is asking us in the appointment letter to bring proof that my wife and I are really married etc.. etc...

Thus we have our marriage pictures and our friends but as far as papers goes just a few like she put my name on the tax she filled for last year that's about it.
    But anyway, how can we produce those when they didn't even give me no chance to find work and make money to start to live and act like a husband should?

The reason I am saying this is because I received my EAD and my social security number not even two month plus the social security card itself I haven't even received it yet.
    I called social security and they say it is in it's way.
    They made a mistake on my mailing address so the first time they sent it to me, it was returned.
    Plus how could I put my name on our bills if I didn't have a valid social security number?

Don't you guys think this is a bit complex?
    I am not afraid at all it just that I hope they don't give me a hard time for this because in some case it isn't my fault.
    We just aren't ready..

My wife told me not too worry and that she'll handle it when we get there because she knows they just didn't give me any chance to work and start my life like normal.

Please tell me what you think.

[This message was edited by Kalakuta on March 11, 2004 at 07:50 PM.]

Comment

U need to calm down... ur wife is right .... Don't worry about it...what u wrote here ...tell the exact truth to them in interview only if they ask ... if u have legit marriage then don't worry...take whatever evidences u have .... More evidences r good but there is no such law...and if u tell them truth, most probably they will understand. Good luck...

Comment

Hey Pasha,

Thanks for responding.
        I was a bit freaked out but you are right there is nothing indeed to be scared of since I know it is the pure truth and my wife can testify to that.
        It just that since it's a messed up situation (that's how it feels like to me) and so I needed advice.
        A friend of mine whith whom I spoke today said that I needed to go reschedule it with BCIS.
        I didn't think it was a great idea because that might slow things down for me.
        Don't you guys think so?

Please give me all of your advice.

Comment

U don't need to reschedule it ... u got ur wife as a big evidence of ur bona fide marriage.... Just visit this webpage that has some good info on preparing on interview...wish u all the best....Pasha

http://www.ins-fiance-visa.com/ins-f...-consular.html

Comment

There are cases where they approve with 2-3 evidences and simple talk with couple ...and there are cases where they give hard time with 100 several evidences ... its like board exams ... preparation is never enough ...so why shouldn't u go give this one and pass with flying colors .... Think positively, be firm in ur answers and facts...and everything should work out for u guys ...

Comment

here are experiences of AOS interviews....

http://www.kamya.com/interview/index.html

Comment

But here's the good news.. You said you and wifey are married more than 2 years... Then you hit jackpot when you go to interview. When you are approved your greencard will not be conditional. You will have 10yrs GC !!!

Dont be foolish by rescheduling an interview.
                Just go in and be yourselves. She has tax return and you have pics. The questioning may be a little more hardcore since this will be for the Permanent card but you will be fine.

Best Wishes

Comment

Thanks ya'll for responding.
                  I will go and whatever happends , happends.

Thanks

Comment

Ok, answer me this question, why can't you put your name on the bills, social security have nothing to do with it? i was in ur situation before, i added my name to electric, water, gas, home phone, credit cards, cell phone, and car insurance, get urself life insurance quick with u as beneficiary, call stonebridge life insurance, it's only $9.95 a month for a million dollars policy 'NO MEDICAL EXAM', it'll be great evidence too, and call all utility companies and add ur name ON THE BILLS, there's no problem in doing that, add ur name on one of her credit cards as an authorized user and they'll send u a card with both names on it, let ur wife change her last name to urs, you'll be fine, i live in WA too, let me know how it went after the interview, BEST LUCK TO YOU.

Comment

I WAS ABLE TO OPEN A JOINT BANK ACCOUNT WITH MY HUSBAND YESTERDAY AT BANK OF AMERICA, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NO SOCIAL. THEY HAVE A NEW PROGRAM GEARED TOWARD ILLEGALS AND ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS PRESENT TWO FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION. THEY JUST SAID THAT THEY WILL REPORT INTEREST EARNINGS UNDER MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND THEY PUT ME AS THE PRIMARY HOLDER. I ALSO PUT MY HUSBAND ON MY CREDIT CARD AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR A SOCIAL. WE ALSO HAVE BOTH OF OUR NAMES ON THE PHONE BILL. I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS IS A BIG DEAL ANYWAY, BECAUSE I KNOW A LOT OF COUPLES WHO ARE BOTH CITIZENS AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE JOINT ACCOUNTS. IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE COUPLE AND THE WAY THAT THEY PAY THIER BILLS AND WHO EARNS MORE ETC ETC. SOMETIMES ONE OF THE COUPLE HANDLES THE FINANCES OF THE FAMILY AND THE OTHER PERSON DOESN'T HAVE MUCH TO DO WITH IT. IN A LOT OF CASES, THE HUSBAND JUST GIVES HIS CHECKS TO HIS WIFE AND SHE MAKES OUT THE BILLS AND DOES THE GROCERY SHOPPING ETC. IT IS NOT UNUSUAL.
                      Have a nice day

Comment

I am not sure how you guys did it but they wont let us open a joint checking account.
                        We went to a credit union today to open a joint checking account and the lady asked us for both of our ID's and social security numbers we gave them to her and she entered it all on the PC and the PC said that my number seem to either be a recent isued number or was issued in the last five years and that I didn't have enough point to open a checking account but would allow me to only open a savings account.
                        And that to open the checking account, we'll need to come back in 5 to 6 months.

Duh! The number is new so I guess there is nothing we can do about this.

We have my names on most of our bills now and hopefully we'll get them all before my interview date.
                        The problem is my wife always paid her bills online using a bill payer so no bills really ever came in the mail.

You know what this seem to be complicated but it isn't. I'll go and we'll tell exactly as it is.
                        I didn't make their system the way it is so it isn't our fault.
                        I just didn't have enough time to get things ready since we just received my work permit and social security.

Those of you that say that you did it without socials and stuff well you were lucky but that doesn't mean that the person next to you will be as lucky as you have been.

I believe that honesty is our only ally and we are and will be with them..

Comment

It's not about being "lucky" it's about what bank you use and what thier policies are. The most succesful banks didn't get that way out of stupidity . They know that making thier services more accesible to more groups of people will increase thier business. They don't care about immigration, they care about profit. More cutomers equals more profit.

Anyway, good luck on your interviw. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just think, soon you'll have your greencard and this rotten mess will be a thing of the past!! I can't wait 'till we get to that point.
                          Have a nice day

Comment

My interview date is coming up really fast.
                            I am a bit nervous but not really.
                            We managed to get couple things as I said before, we just aren't ready with this whole lots of evidence they want to see (Refer to my previous post above)
                            The interview just came too fast not even 3 months after I got my work permit and almost in the same month as I received my social security number.

Talking about a fast state. Good!!

Anyway, it's this coming friday so people pray for me. I'll need it. Wish me luck.

I'll be here and whatever happends, I'll post it on here for you all to read.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jc:
                              Ok, answer me this question, why can't you put your name on the bills, social security have nothing to do with it? i was in ur situation before, i added my name to electric, water, gas, home phone, credit cards, cell phone, and car insurance, get urself life insurance quick with u as beneficiary, call stonebridge life insurance, it's only $9.95 a month for a million dollars policy 'NO MEDICAL EXAM', it'll be great evidence too, and call all utility companies and add ur name ON THE BILLS, there's no problem in doing that, add ur name on one of her credit cards as an authorized user and they'll send u a card with both names on it, let ur wife change her last name to urs, you'll be fine, i live in WA too, let me know how it went after the interview, BEST LUCK TO YOU.
                              Just to share experience.

Like JC, I was able to have my name added to my husband's bank account, credit cards and car insurance even before I filed for AOS. At the bank, they only asked me for a photo ID(I showed them my passport and my driver's license, which I had got while on a turist visa).
                              On the interview day, after fingerprinting and swearing, the officer asked us a few questions and we handed her some evidence that we lived together. She insisted that we showed evidence that we lived together(e.g. a lease on both spouses'name).
                              Differently from Kalakuta, I longed for the interview letter for a whole year!To my surprise, I got it only one day before the interview day. Maybe because I filed at the forever backlogged local office in LA(California Service Center), I'm still waiting for my GC, after 13,5 months.
                              Wish good luck to Kalakuta and wife!!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed