X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving birth abroad while having Conditional Status

Hi guys,

Just would like to know if your opinion or experience about giving birth to child abroad and then come back after a month with Conditional PR Status.

My question is, will I have a problem to get in the US? I will register the baby at American Embassy first for US Citizenship before bringing my baby here. My husband will accompany me at that time.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Just would like to know if your opinion or experience about giving birth to child abroad and then come back after a month with Conditional PR Status.

My question is, will I have a problem to get in the US? I will register the baby at American Embassy first for US Citizenship before bringing my baby here. My husband will accompany me at that time.

Thanks!

Comment

Are you already a conditional PR?

Comment

Just registering the new baby at a U.S. embassy will not be enough. You will have to provide proof of one parent's U.S. citizenship, then apply for a social sec card and passport immediatly to be able to bring the baby back to the U.S.; no U.S. citizen can enter the U.S. without a proper passport!

Comment

Yes I'm a Conditional PR. My husband is an American. Do I need to apply US passport for my newborn baby? Can I apply at American Embassy in my country?

Comment

I would advise you to check with the American Embassy of whatever country you plan on having this baby in. They will be able to tell you what you need in order to bring the baby back into the US. One question, why do you want to have your baby outside the US? (You don't have to answer that, I just wondered.)

Comment

Me2!!

You didn't tell us about the baby! What's going on? Congrats!
              Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

The only way your baby can qualify for USC is if your hubby established physical residency before the baby is born. If your hubby is an American by birth, and never has established physical residency.......then your baby will NOT qualify for a US Passport.

Comment

Contact the embassy or consulate nearest to where you will be giving birth and ask what you will need to do. You will probably need the baby's birth certificate with your husband listed as the father, your marriage certificate, and your husband's passport. I'm not sure if there's anything else you'll need. I don't think a DNA test is necessary if you have a marriage certificate dated before the birth of the baby.

P.S. Congratulations!! Do you know if it will be a boy or a girl yet?
                  Have a nice day

Comment

Hei Jo!!!! Its too early to announce, but I'm preparing for any issues or problems that might occur. Still don't know boy or girl yet

To passport guy, my hubby is American and in the military, we don't have problem with his citizenship issue.

I will call US Embassy in my country and check with them. Some ppl told me they went thru lots of difficulty but some did okay...I think it depends on the situations and cases and also from which country they come from.

Comment

Is the child going to be born on the military base?

Comment

No Ardania.

Comment

Oh, just wondered.

Comment

Having a baby in foreign country. if one parent is a US Citizen had reisided in the United States for five years. Then the baby is a US Citizen at Birth.
                            Even you have a conditional residence status in the US. In case your husband is not a citizen and if a baby is born outside of US you can bring the child as returing residence visa issued by the US Embassy/Consulate within two years.
                            Hope this law has not been changed. let see what others has to say.

Comment

Hi guys,

I got a good news from my Embassy in US today. They said my child can get both citizenship (but must be born in my country). When she / he reach 18, he must choose which citizen he wanted to be (its my country law that we cannot have dual citizenship). Thats also the reason why I want to give birth in my country, so I won't have any problem in the future if I decided to go back and stay there. What I need to do now is to call American Embassy in my country to check how long the registration and the passport can be ready after the birth. Thanks for your answer guys

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation