Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC legal fees :-O

Is it true that the leagl fees for applying for a green card can come up to 10K?
    Thanks.

Is it true that the leagl fees for applying for a green card can come up to 10K?
    Thanks.

Comment

oh man it could be depending in your attorney and what visa you are going for. If I were you I do itmyself. This board can help you a ton.

Comment

I agree with wish. You would be a f u c k i n g fool if you used a lawyer to file for a green card. You only need a lawyer when you are in a sticky situation or your case is very complicated. Paying the fees to the USCIS is enough in itself so why burden yourself with more debt if you can file for adjustment of status on your own

Comment

Thanks for replying.
          I was told that to apply for a greenc ard based on employment i'd HAVE TO use a lawyer because i'd need someone with a lot of experience in the field to write the right letters and fill aplications.
          Has your experience been different?
          Thanks.

PS: i'm not a man :-)

Comment

Could someone please let me know if it's possible to file for gc based on employment without a lawyer?
            Thanks.

Comment

Is it possible, sure it is. Is it recommended? I would argue No. Unlike marriage based AOS, there're more in play here. Materials such as providing company financial information , satisfying the labor requirement for labor cert, etc, is really an area where a lawyer expertise to fomulate one to satisfy the requirement, is really a useful one to have.

Comment

marmaduk,
                thanks so much for replying. That's also what i've heard from other people...wish this was simpler...it seems that illegal immigrants have it easier when they try to become legal than i do when i just wanna remain that way.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation