Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a waiver beneficiary applied for US Citizenship?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a waiver beneficiary applied for US Citizenship?

Hi everyone. I do have a legal immigration question for you guys out there.. Can an immigrant a waiver beneficiary applied for US Citizenship after five years of the legal requirement to apply for US Citizenship. The waiver was granted for document visa fraud by the USCI. Can an immigrant obtained the US Citizenship without major incidents since the same government who granted the fraud waiver; must also made decision if immigrant can obtained US Citizenship after all five year requirements have been made by the legal immigrant. What would you recommend on this situation. Does any one know a worthy answer for this legal immigration question? Thanks much enjoy your holidays and the new upcoming year 2008.

Hi everyone. I do have a legal immigration question for you guys out there.. Can an immigrant a waiver beneficiary applied for US Citizenship after five years of the legal requirement to apply for US Citizenship. The waiver was granted for document visa fraud by the USCI. Can an immigrant obtained the US Citizenship without major incidents since the same government who granted the fraud waiver; must also made decision if immigrant can obtained US Citizenship after all five year requirements have been made by the legal immigrant. What would you recommend on this situation. Does any one know a worthy answer for this legal immigration question? Thanks much enjoy your holidays and the new upcoming year 2008.

Comment

there are situations when it is not smart to apply for citizenship. I don't think the person in question here may have bigger problems then being denied....(providing PR was granted according to the law) To be on the safe side, the lawyer should take a look at the "visa fraud" and what was involved.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time for responding. Yes, the waiver was granted according to the law at time of AOS. I-601 An application for a waiver of ground of Excludability was submitted and granted with proper qualifying documentations (extreme hardship) to both parents USC's. Other than that no major issues after waiver granted. Do you think there could be a shot in applying for U.S. Citizenship? and still obtained such task successfully. Thank you for your time and input, it really means a lot...

Comment

I don't know enough about that part of the law to say "yes, he'll be granted citizenship" or "no, don't do it".
          Besides, it is my opinion that it matters what was invloved in "visa fraud", when was that, circumstences... all the details that you don't provide here (and I am not saying you should), so my advice is still to have a consultations with a lawyer..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RoadMaster:
            Thank you for taking the time for responding. Yes, the waiver was granted according to the law at time of AOS. I-601 An application for a waiver of ground of Excludability was submitted and granted with proper qualifying documentations (extreme hardship) to both parents USC's. Other than that no major issues after waiver granted. Do you think there could be a shot in applying for U.S. Citizenship? and still obtained such task successfully. Thank you for your time and input, it really means a lot... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi RoadMaster! I am going through the same thing right now - I need to apply for an I-601 waiver for fraud (misrepresentation) based on extreme hardship to a USC parent. Can you please tell me how you did it? Waivers through parents are rare..

Regarding your question - I would apply if I were you. However, consult with a lawyer first. I know of several good ones - if you tell me which state you are located in, I can recommend one.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed