X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• federale86
    replied
    USCIS and ICE only hold your passport if you are in removal proceedings.

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    WELL GET THE PASSPORT BACK IF HE WAS PROVEN INNOCENT I DONT SEE WHAY THEY SHOULD HAVE HIS PASSPORT ARE YOU TELLING ALL THE DETAILS.. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarahcox:
    Immigration usually seizes one's passport the moment one has a problem with them. The same thing happened to my boyfriend and now he cant get his passport back even after wining his case, and his embassy wont issue another passport to him unless he presents the old one or provides a police report for lost passport. Does anyone one know if there is a statute of limitation for filing a police report for an item that got lost over 7 years ago? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    ANY USCIS ISSUED DOCUMENT THAT SHOWS YOUR IMMIGRATION STATUS AND VALIDATES THAT YOU ARE LEGAL SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR THEM ..IT WAS FOR MY CASE AND I GOT REPLACEMENT SSN NO PROBS I.E IN 10 BUSINESS DAYS OR LESS GIVE THEM THE DOCUMENT THAT SHOWS THIS WORK PERMIT NO THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMIN HAS A DIRECT LINK TO IMMI THEY WILL RUN THE NO THROUGH AND VALIDATE IT TAKES 1 MIN AND YOU GOOD TO GO...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by himalaya:
    Hi there,
    I am an asylum seeker, i have got my work permit but don't have my pasport with me so could not get social security my passport is with the immigration so plaease advice if there is any way to get my passport for the social security purpose.
    Thanks for any help or idea.
    right now i am in michigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• Sarahcox
    replied
    Immigration usually seizes one's passport the moment one has a problem with them. The same thing happened to my boyfriend and now he cant get his passport back even after wining his case, and his embassy wont issue another passport to him unless he presents the old one or provides a police report for lost passport. Does anyone one know if there is a statute of limitation for filing a police report for an item that got lost over 7 years ago?

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by himalaya:
    Hi there,
    I am an asylum seeker, i have got my work permit but don't have my pasport with me so could not get social security my passport is with the immigration so plaease advice if there is any way to get my passport for the social security purpose.
    right now i am in michigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why is your passport with immigration?

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    If you have an EAD, that is enough identification for Social Security. You don't need a passport.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs. B.
    replied
    Hi Himalaya,

Welcome to the ILW.

I'm sure the other senior members can share their opinions with you - do check in every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• himalaya
    replied
    Hi there,
    right now i am in michigan.

Leave a comment:

• himalaya
    started a topic passport for social security

passport for social security

Hi there,
    right now i am in michigan.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed