passport for social security

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarahcox:
    Immigration usually seizes one's passport the moment one has a problem with them. The same thing happened to my boyfriend and now he cant get his passport back even after wining his case, and his embassy wont issue another passport to him unless he presents the old one or provides a police report for lost passport. Does anyone one know if there is a statute of limitation for filing a police report for an item that got lost over 7 years ago? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that true what I alluded that you are trying to perpetrate fraud. Immigration holding the passport does not constitute as being lost that you file a police report. If you do that in USA, that constitutes to filing a false police report which a felony act. STOP THE FRAUD.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
      Are they not supposed to give him a substitute or whatever it is in place of the I-94 if they take it? I thought you are required to keep that on you at all times. Well I was. In fact I still have mine, no one ever took mine out of my passport.

Surely he must have some document to prove his status? EAD don't say much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      That part I am not sure about Sprint. All I know if if a passport is seized, then an adjustment of status is not possible, ie EAD with adjustment of status.

From my experience, the I-94, stamped, is always attached to the passport. But my expereince is limited in this though.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

You do not need a passport to get an SSN. Many immigrants, especially asylees and refugees only have an EAD, temp 551, or other ID. An EAD is proof of both identity and eligibility for both USCIS and SSA. Additionally, with an EAD you can get a State issued ID or DL. I think this person doesn't have an EAD and passport was seized by ICE and is in removal proceedings. Some sort of scam here.

Comment

Comment

Well guys, thanks for your help, they took my birth certificate as a refrence of my age i am expecting my ssn within next 2 weeks.

thanks for all your info.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:

Isn't that true what I alluded that you are trying to perpetrate fraud. Immigration holding the passport does not constitute as being lost that you file a police report. If you do that in USA, that constitutes to filing a false police report which a felony act. STOP THE FRAUD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A9B3 or whatever ur name is, so u're telling me that if one gives one's passport to immigration and immigration doesn't return the expired passport even after you requested it back from them because you won your case, you cant file a police report to state exactly that. You cant file a police report to state that you cant get your passport back from a government agency, and that you now need a new passport to replace the old expired passport the government agency is holding on to?

Comment

This is clearly a case of giving something you paid your money for to someone and the person not returning it back to you. The foreign passport belongs to the owner of that passport until the government that issues that passport seizes it from the person. Only the issuing authority of a passport has the legal right to seize from the person

Comment

Did you get your EAD after winning asylum or is your case still pending with the USCIS ? did you get arrested for any reason by USCIS & your passport must have been seized I guess.

Comment

You will surely get help from the people here. You are at the right place. There are many experts in this section.
                    <hr />
                    watch tv shows || watch tv shows online

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs