Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: RFE after citizenship interview

Given below N-14 form at citizenship interview for RFE for proof of residency. Why was I given this form even when trips didn't exceed 6 months at a time? What's the chance that N-400 will get approved after I submit evidence?
    This is the only time I stayed out of US for long. IS it better to hire an attorney to respond to it?

After I lost job in June 2010, I travelled abroad to stay with parents. IO gave me N-14 requesting proof that I didn't abandon residence in US for these time periods I was outside US : June 11, 2010 - December 7, 2010 and Dec. 21, 2010 - May 15, 2011. I have only mortgage statements, credit card statements, cell phone bills, home insurance. What's the best way to respond to each of these questions? Since, I had to stay abroad for a while, my husband took up a job with US company that posts him abroad. Claiming unemployment has any effect on N-400?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application for Naturalization, Form N-400

Proof of Residence: Continuity

Provide proof that you did not break the continuity of your residence of your residence of your residence in the US and/or abandon your residence in the US for the following time periods: June 11, 2010 to December 7,2010 and December 21, 2010 to May 15, 2011.

Please address the following by submitting a written or typed statement regarding your extended absences from the US during the above-referenced time periods.

1. Did you terminate your employment in US? (I guess YES as I was laid off in June 2010)
    2. Where did your immediate family reside? (My kids stayed with me, but my husband stayed in US until Sept. and took up a job with US company as expat)
    3. Did you retain full access to your US abode? (we rented our home since Sep. 2010)
    4. Did you obtain employment while abroad? (No)

Proof may include, but is not limited to: rental agreements, mortgage contacts, utility bills, insurance (car, home, life and/or health), taxes, etc.

Given below N-14 form at citizenship interview for RFE for proof of residency. Why was I given this form even when trips didn't exceed 6 months at a time? What's the chance that N-400 will get approved after I submit evidence?
    This is the only time I stayed out of US for long. IS it better to hire an attorney to respond to it?

After I lost job in June 2010, I travelled abroad to stay with parents. IO gave me N-14 requesting proof that I didn't abandon residence in US for these time periods I was outside US : June 11, 2010 - December 7, 2010 and Dec. 21, 2010 - May 15, 2011. I have only mortgage statements, credit card statements, cell phone bills, home insurance. What's the best way to respond to each of these questions? Since, I had to stay abroad for a while, my husband took up a job with US company that posts him abroad. Claiming unemployment has any effect on N-400?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application for Naturalization, Form N-400

Proof of Residence: Continuity

Provide proof that you did not break the continuity of your residence of your residence of your residence in the US and/or abandon your residence in the US for the following time periods: June 11, 2010 to December 7,2010 and December 21, 2010 to May 15, 2011.

Please address the following by submitting a written or typed statement regarding your extended absences from the US during the above-referenced time periods.

1. Did you terminate your employment in US? (I guess YES as I was laid off in June 2010)
    2. Where did your immediate family reside? (My kids stayed with me, but my husband stayed in US until Sept. and took up a job with US company as expat)
    3. Did you retain full access to your US abode? (we rented our home since Sep. 2010)
    4. Did you obtain employment while abroad? (No)

Proof may include, but is not limited to: rental agreements, mortgage contacts, utility bills, insurance (car, home, life and/or health), taxes, etc.

Comment

You just admitted that you were outside of the U.S. for a considerable time living with your parents. That is a prima facia case of abandonment. Just having a mortgage or credit card bills does not make you a resident.

How much more time were you outside the U.S. in the last ten years?

Comment

I was out for 2 weeks every year before 2010. Many of my friends' got approved even if they travel outside for 6 months, come back and stay for couple of weeks and return abroad; they did like that for 2 years out of 5 years of residency period. I wonder how's mine different with only 1 year out?

Comment

This link might be helpful:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Resi...tizenship&id=5663420

Good luck!

Comment

-this post has been deleted for violation of board rules-

Comment

I replied to RFE and status is updated to RFE Response Review on Sep. 26th . How long before USCIS makes a decision from Response Review time?

Comment

I recently came across a great lawyer who can probably help you with this problem, For a couple of months now I have been suing for my inheritance from my mother. The court had a lot of questions about the fact that I hardly communicated with her and lived in another country. At least we communicated very well and were on good terms. Then I started looking for good lawyers. And found help at Inheritance Lawyer. They helped me in no time at all. Good service, kind and responsive staff. I recommend them as they helped me a lot.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation