X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augustsum
    replied
    Aneri- Thanks...It is all I would have wanted to know. Thanks to all of you who took part in this discussion.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    Augustsum: illegal due to overstay or because he/she entered without inspection?

The first ones can adjust status as immediate family members of USC. The second ones have to leave the US and go through the consular processing.

Leave a comment:

• RLFalcon
    replied
    Liemaster- If you are mature enough to comment on this board, and want to be taken "seriously", then try removing the term "****" , or any derivative thereof from your postings. What you say on your own time is your business.

Leave a comment:

• LieMaster
    replied
    ALL ****STERS ARE FRAUDSTERS AND THEY EXCLUSIVELY ENTER SHAM MARRIAGES - WITH SOLE PURPOSE OF OBTAINING GC !!!

THOSE D A M N E D ****STERS !!!

Leave a comment:

• Augustsum
    replied
    Thanks Sup, Aneri, Antifascist-

Sup and everybody- I have heard about cases where a person who is illegal in this country is marrying a US citizen. Some of those are called sham marriages and are being closely scrutinized by the immigration service. Then, they seek a laegal permanent residency.

They do not fill out the form I-485, do they? I do not see this category under it.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    A person, if joined US Military during Wartime (even if under "Illegal" status) , is eligible (per legislation signed by President Bush) to apply for US Citizenship expeditiously and directly, upon an Honorable Discharge or after meeting certain time-frame requirement (for service).

Leave a comment:

• sup
    replied
    A person can not just file for adjustment of status out of the blue or because he/she's been in the country legally/illegally for "20 years". To file for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident one must be eligible. All the eligibilities are laid out in the instructions to form I-485:

" ... I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because:

1) an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved. ...

2) my spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children.

3) I entered as a K-1 fiancé(e) of a United States citizen whom I married within 90 days of entry, or I am the K-2 child of such a fiancé(e). ...

4) I was granted asylum or derivative asylum status as the spouse or child of a person granted asylum and am eligible for adjustment.

5) I am a native or citizen of Cuba admitted or paroled into the United States after January 1,1959, and thereafter have been physically present in the United States for at least one year.

6) I am the husband, wife or minor unmarried child of a Cuban described above in (e) and I am residing with that person, and was admitted or paroled into the United States after January 1,1959, and thereafter have been physically present in the United States for at least one year.

7) I have continuously resided in the United States since before January 1, 1972.

8) Other basis of eligibility. Explain. If additional space is needed, use a separate piece of paper. ... "

Number 8 usually refers to a Special Congressional Legislation granting permanent resident status. It's very rare. To give you an idea who's benefiting from that: a son of a former soviet leader, Iraqi "nuclear" scientists, etc.

As you can see there's NO basis for filing based on "being in the country illegally for 20 years". According to the current law she can NOT obtain legal status without first leaving the country for 10 years. Her best bet is to benefit from the Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2006 that is discussed in Congress IF it's passed and signed into law by the President.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    in general:

-an alien who entered the US with visa, overstayed and/or worked illegaly is ineligible to adjust status to the one of permanent resident in the US unless that person is sposored by an immediate relativ who is US citizen.

Anything beyond that is a matter for a very very good and expirienced lawyer.

If applicable, waivers are filed after the interview (mostly at the consulates, rarely in the country).

Leave a comment:

• Augustsum
    replied
    OK, fair game...

This was an actual call that I received from a lady. I never got this lady as my client. I get a few similar calls from illegals. Everything in her situation is true.

The hypothetical part of it was the lawyer filling some papers.

Being a beginner immigration lawyer, I still have a long way to go in terms of learning terminology and procedure itself. Thus, I am glad to be corrected by you.

Is it enough information now?

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    Augustsum, it would help if you first answer questions that people asked you about the case.

Leave a comment:

• Augustsum
    replied
    Guys, can you please answer my questions that are stated above?

Leave a comment:

• LieMaster
    replied
    YOU ARE AN IGNORANT IDIOT, WHICH SHOULD BE OBVIOUS SINCE YOU ARE AN ILLEGAL ****STER(ADMITTEDLY!)!

KYL AND CORNYN DO SUPPORT ****-WORKER AMNESTY - THE ONLY THING IS THAT THEY REQUIRE ****STERS TO RETURN TO THEIR COUNTRY UPON EXPIRATION OF MANDATORY ****STER STATUS (UP TO 5 YEARS), AND ALSO GRANTS FULL AMNESTY BECAUSE WAIVES 10 YEAR BAR TO ADMISSION AND ALLOWS SUCH ****STERS TO APPLY FOR ANY TYPE OF VISA AT US CONSULATE ABROAD (INCLUDING FOR ****-WORKER VISA) AND COME BACK TO US IMMEDIATELY !

Leave a comment:

• Lerka Я
    replied
    Masta Bastar,
    if Kyl's bill passes, it means, virtually no one is allowed to ajust to GWP.
    No fuc king amnesty whatsoever. I pray allah
    Kyll and Sessions die now !

Leave a comment:

• LieMaster
    replied
    KENNEDY MUST BE AN ARAB-MUSLIM , BUT HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE NO ****-WORKER AMNESTY PROGRAM IN FINAL VERSION !

BTW, KYL SUPPORTS ****-WORKER AMNESTY PROGRAM (HIS OWN VERSION) AND YOU SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE, WWW.FAIRUS.ORG, AND SEE HOW TERRIBLY WE WERE DISPLEASED WITH TEMPORARY ****-WORKER AMNESTY PROGRAM THAT KYL AND CORNYN INTRODUCED AND ARE STILL BACKING !

Leave a comment:

• Lerka Я
    replied
    fu cki ng sen. Kyl will kill the whole idea tomorrow. I pray allah he goes to hell and gets no virgins there.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation