Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost I-94 what do i do?

I came here on f-1 visa. I finished college and i am married to a usc.
    my visa has expired some years ago. I tried to file forms i-130,i-485 and i-765 but got a letter from uscis that says i need to send a copy of my i 94 nad the page on my passport which has the u.s. visa.
    I have neither? What should i do?

I came here on f-1 visa. I finished college and i am married to a usc.
    my visa has expired some years ago. I tried to file forms i-130,i-485 and i-765 but got a letter from uscis that says i need to send a copy of my i 94 nad the page on my passport which has the u.s. visa.
    I have neither? What should i do?

Comment

I am the same situation as you, and my attorney file a form called I102, this form is to get a replacement copy of the I-94. However I have heard of some individuals who have experieced the same and after filing the I102 form they say they can't find any information. So I asked my atty what if they can't find it, but he assured me they would. Hopefully you will get better answers from other people here.

Best of Luck.

Comment

yup filing form I-102 is the best path; some ppl file a FOIA request also.

Comment

funny how all these supposedly "students" manage to get into phony marriages...
          to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

What is the FOIA for?

Comment

Your I-94 is your proof of legal entry. Without that, do you have a stamp in your passport. Definitely file a FOIA request; it is free and may turn up evidence of your entry. Also, contact the US embassy in your home country as well as your embassy straight away for any proof that you were issued a visa.

It is a very serious matter that can lead to your application being denied. Your marriage petition can still be approved but your adjustment can be denied unless you qualify for a 245i exception. Upon or soon after denial, you may be placed in removal proceedings. If an attorney filed your case, the attorney should have first located proof of legal entry.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation