Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA shooting

I'ts very understandable. That this has happened in the USA!!! So sad too! This is the result of a brainless generation of americans. Someone12 killed them!!! Could they be All immigrant students? The hatred inside you caused all this!!! Please don't compare with my country, because we have our own problems too!! But we're not arrogants nor imperialists trying to reach perfection at the cost of young people lives!!!

I'ts very understandable. That this has happened in the USA!!! So sad too! This is the result of a brainless generation of americans. Someone12 killed them!!! Could they be All immigrant students? The hatred inside you caused all this!!! Please don't compare with my country, because we have our own problems too!! But we're not arrogants nor imperialists trying to reach perfection at the cost of young people lives!!!

Comment

Terrible tragedies such as this do NOT only happen in America.

Meekas: I resent your assertion that this tragedy is "the result of a brainless generation of Americans." Although the identity of the criminal has yet to be confirmed, it is my understanding that he was NOT an American, but actually an international student in the country on an F-1 visa. As for the remainder of your post...well, it's so badly written that I have no idea what you're trying to say.

If the criminal was in fact an international student (F-1), then it was illegal for him to own firearms in America.

Iperson: With all due respect, atrocities such as this do NOT only happen in America.

Comment

My kids have friends who were killed during the massacre at VA Tech. My prayers are with all of the victims, families and everyone affected by this tragedy. And, no this doesn't just happen in the US - think of all the suicide bombers in Iraq and other countries.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
          I asked this very question my American husband today too. Why is it that it only happens in America, not anywhere else in the world.
          . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is does happen everywhere.

Just a few months back in Germany a shooting at a school ( German article)
          http://www.wdr.de/themen/panorama/21...en/index.jhtml
          A few years back in Germany;
          http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/9...10181041#35110181041

2005 in China
          http://newsfromrussia.com/accidents/.../14/65253.html

Comment

My baby sister is a sophomore at VT. She watched from her dorm room the first 2 students being taken out on stretchers and then went to class because they weren't told anything. By the grace of God, she was not hurt. Please DO NOT make light of this situation. Legal or illegal, immmigrant or not. 33 families are completely changed forever and thousands more.

Comment

First, making light of the tragedy that just happen and twist in for personal attack is just plain despicable.

Second, the dimwitted OP should refer to SunDevil's statement.... Especially on the identity of the shooter.

My condolences and prayer to the victims families and friends and to all who's being affected by this.

Comment

The gunman was identified as a Legal Permanent Resident from South Korea:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18148802/?GT1=9246

Comment

The VAT shooting only serves to evidence a decay in moral values affecting society around the world. This kind of incident is not native or exclusive to the U.S., on the contrary, it happens all around the world but it's the immense power of domestic media that makes sure we all hear about it and know what's going on.

I don't agree with student visas, they create a conflict of interests that is currently left unresolved by law. However, I'm not going to use this incident to "play" with facts in order to force a point. The truth is that shootings of this sort are becoming more common every day, and the perpetrators are usually disturbed individuals with deep psychological problems. This has nothing to do with immigration, it's a problem of a society that lacks fundamental human and moral values.

The value of a human life seems to be a mere afterthought nowadays, in many cases children are raised by the TV or the video game because "careers come first". It's more important to afford that 2-story ranch than it is to raise a child. Divorce seems to have become a quick and convenient dissolution of another legal contract, children grow up to become "rich and powerful" instead of "decent human beings". It's on the TV everyday, folks get shot down over nothing.

The disintegration of family, the lack of moral roles and the continuous judging of others on racial and materialistic terms dictate the outcome, and nothing good can come out of that.

I, along with millions of others in this country and elsewhere, believe in family, moral values, human dignity and God. Others prefer to believe in bank accounts, luxury vehicles and fear. This lack of guidance, this lack of moral direction is creating a society, all around the world, where reputations are measured by how many you shoot down, not how many you help out, how many you destroy to get to the top and not how many you take along on that journey.

If having a family is seen as "nothing" while having a 200K vehicle is seen as "success", you cannot expect society to actually care about living individuals. We need to look at things for what they really are, appreciate life and diversity and forget petty differences for the sake of harmony and unity.

Sadly but true, it's disgusting, tragic, and sad to see this horrible incidents repeat themselves over and over here and everywhere else.

My prayers and thoughts are also with the victims and their families. God Bless you all.

Comment

Another immigrant killer !!!

Comment

Hookies the 2nd best engineering school in USA? Where the **** did that come from? Please.... they're a good school, but nowhere near a top 10 school.

Houston, what you're saying makes a lot sense when it comes to American culture, but considering this sad soul comes from South Korea, does that still apply? Without knowing his background, it is way too early to levy such judgement.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hookies the 2nd best engineering school in USA? Where the **** did that come from? Please.... they're a good school, but nowhere near a top 10 school. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know marmaduk, you are one of the passive aggressive people on this forum. Especially at a time like this we don't need someone like you to come with your negativity and garbage.
                        People like you or Someone12 is what's wrong with the world today.
                        We need compassion, postitivity and strength to support each other. We need to hug and comfort each other and help each other out.
                        We have enough of racism, violence and aggression. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For what it's worth, they're listed as No. 25 on a ranking I saw, but who gives a $hit in the context of this situation? This was a terrible tragedy and I hope posters will keep their hate-filled opinions out of this thread.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but who gives a $hit in the context of this situation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          - Obviously, if it was a top 10 school it would have been more tragic because we would have lost smarter people

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hookies the 2nd best engineering school in USA? Where the **** did that come from? Please.... they're a good school, but nowhere near a top 10 school. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know marmaduk, you are one of the passive aggressive people on this forum. Especially at a time like this we don't need someone like you to come with your negativity and garbage.
                            People like you or Someone12 is what's wrong with the world today.
                            We need compassion, postitivity and strength to support each other. We need to hug and comfort each other and help each other out.
                            We have enough of racism, violence and aggression. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me, didn't know someone who has repeatedly said they're leaving this board, only to eat their word and return later, has been made moderator on this board.

Apparently, someone here seemed to think such tragedy only happen in America, before their eyes has to be open and force-feed the proof otherwise. What's that if not negativity? Perhaps stupidity or ignorance steaming from too much CNN?

But enough of this. I already expressed my condolences & send prayers to those affected by this tragedy. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Only happens in US? You people have such convinient memories.
                              Only a few months ago, there was a school shooting in Montreal Canada.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_College_shooting

In the same city, one of the most notorious school shooting ever. A man executed 14 female students because he believed they took away men's rights.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89c...nique_Massacre

School shooting in UK that killed 16 people.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed