Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting visa for family members of permanent resident

Hi I am a permanent resident in US.Can you tell me which visa I should apply for my family members visiting me.What is the procedure.Thanks

Hi I am a permanent resident in US.Can you tell me which visa I should apply for my family members visiting me.What is the procedure.Thanks

Comment

an immigrant visa....why? because they will have a hard time (impossible) convincing the embassy that they will leave the US after a short visit...

Comment

Its for my parents .They may stay here only for 6 months.I think i can apply for tourist visa or is there anything else.what is th eprocedure.What documents should i send to my parents.
        Thanks

Comment

Go here for more information.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Comment

which country?

Comment

First of all,if you want your parents to visit you,you do not need,like somoene mentioned (which makes me still laugh) a Immigrany Visa lol.

All they need as you knew anyway,since you said it.A tourist Visa...
              But my friend,you have no right and no way apply for it.The tourist who wants to visit you,even family members have to apply for the Visa personally and have to go to the US Consulate for a interview.

If your parents are from the EU countries,they do not need a tourist visa to apply for,and can come here for no longer than 3 months.
              If they are planning to come here for more than 3 months,and are also from a EU country,they also MUST apply for a 6 month tourist Visa.
              And anyone else from anywhere else,anwyays need to apply for a Visa.

For an example.My one friends g-f is german,and she wants to come and visit him for 5 months,as a german citizen (any eu country) does not need a tourist visa,to visit.But since she wants to be here for 5 months,she also had to apply for a tourist visa that would allow her to stay for 6 months and she had to go to the consluate for an interview.Which was givin to her,and remember she only as a girlfriend had to show lots of proof,that she will return back to germany after 5-6 months...bak records,apt address,bills,school letter etc etc...
              Now as immidiate family member,they also must show lots of proof they will return back home after visiting you for 6 months.

But bottom line,they need a tourist Visa as well,which will allow them to stay for 6 months,regardless what country they are from.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.My parents will be visiting from India.Do you think it will be b2 visa.My friends who have H1 B visa have to get some papers from work ,do i need to get any papers from my employee.
                Thanks
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For an example.My one friends g-f is german,and she wants to come and visit him for 5 months,as a german </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Dear Ven,

Family members usually obtain visitor's visa to come visit family in the US. During the interview at the US mission (consulate or embassy)the officer determines the applicant purpose and issue a visa accordingly. In order to issue a B1B2 (visitor) visa, the officer must verify that the applicant can overcome the "intending immigrant" rule aka 214B. This is done by balancing ties to home country vs ties to the US. Sometimes sponsoring US family member will send the applicant in India an Affidavit of Support I-134 Form which states what kind of support they are offering to the applicant while in the US.
                  Good luck !

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed