Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry for spouse/fiance

Thanks for your suggestions. I have another thing to talk about. The processing time in Nebraska for an I130 Form (Spouse) is currently on July of 2002 applications. Does this mean that they wouldn't even look at an application I file for a year and a half if I filed it tomorrow?

Thanks for your suggestions. I have another thing to talk about. The processing time in Nebraska for an I130 Form (Spouse) is currently on July of 2002 applications. Does this mean that they wouldn't even look at an application I file for a year and a half if I filed it tomorrow?

Comment

The time can vary but it does take a while...that's why with k-3 you file, file I-129f, then when spouse enters the states you file AOS. Hopefully someone will add to this or was that your only question?

Comment

be grateful, im going thru texas and they are only working august 2001 1-130's. you are 1 year up on me if you filed tomorrow. the k3 is supposed to be used so they can come to usa while waiting for the 1-130 to process. my k3 is already approaching 1 year wait, but canada shouldnt be a problem its a visa waiver country so.

Comment

The fiance' visa is issued in order for your fiance to come into the US and get married here. If you get married in CA you have to file the I-130, then upon receipt file the I-129f to get a K-3 visa.

Comment

I'm really ticked off. I checked the websites for all the consulates and embassies in Canada, and none of them seem to have the K3 Visa available. Is there another way of getting this type of Visa? Are there any suggestions about what to do next? Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Here is one website with a lot of links and info on the k visas. The I-130 and I-129f are processed in Missouri Service Center, then forwarded to the consulate. The consulate then sends "packet #3" to the spouse in CA, schedules interview, etc. The spouse then has to get medical exam, police certificates, etc. and take these to the interview. The K-visa is then issued or denied. thehttp://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

Comment

Thank you for your response. I was told the I need to send the I130 form and/or I129F form to the Nebraska service center since I live in Michigan. Can I get them processed either in Nebraska or Missouri? What type of jurisdiction does the Missouri service center have? How is Missouri different than the other ones listed which indicate which states need to send the immigration forms? Thank you for your help.

Comment

The best thing to do is look at the forms (which can be downloaded from BCIS website) and see where it says to send them. It's according to which visa you are applying for as to where you send the forms. In the past for a K-3 you sent I-130 to your designated service center. Upon notice of receipt you then sent I-129f to Missouri. I don't know whether any of that process has changed. That's why it's always best to doublecheck by reading on your own. The BCIS website also has complete instructions on how to apply for each of the K visas.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation