Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130

Does anyone know the real processing time for I-130 at the Vermont Center? On the receipt it states 150 to 999 days. I just can't believe that to get approved might take up to 3 years. I am a US citizen and I applied for my mom in the middle of July, 2002.

Does anyone know the real processing time for I-130 at the Vermont Center? On the receipt it states 150 to 999 days. I just can't believe that to get approved might take up to 3 years. I am a US citizen and I applied for my mom in the middle of July, 2002.

Comment

It could..if you look right now, they are processing the 04/23/2003 receipt dates so it probably won't take that long.

3 years is not bad when you think of the brothers and sisters of the USC who have to wait for a visa to be available for them to come. Your mom doesn't have to wait for a visa to be available because she is considered to be in the "immediate relative" category.

Comment

You better have plenty of patience. I filed I-130 on September 4, 2001 and we didn't have our interview until April 30, 2002, at which time it was approved, however my husband's 1-485 was denied and we are still waiting for a decision on what is happening. So it has been almost a year and my husband doesn't know if or when he will get his green card.

Comment

Wh ywas your Husband's i-485 denied?

Comment

Thanks to everyone who took their time to reply to my question. I will let you know when I get response from INS.

If my mom is here on B2 visa and it expires in 2 months, does she still need to send I-539 to extend her stay?

Comment

I-485 was denied because they said he entered illegally, although he was given a pass for 29 days by INS officials. He was a crewman on a ship. Eveientally, INS frowns upon crewman overstaying in the US. He has been here now almost 4 years.

Comment

For wait times at the 4 service centers, have a look at:

http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources