X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong DOB on I797

Hi

I am currently on H-1B, though I havent had it stamped on my passport yet. My problem is that the date of birth on my I797 is incorrect. The origin of the error is the fact that my prior F1 visa (I changed status from F1 to H-1B) had a wrong date of birth (the error attributed partly to the US consulate and partly to the fact that DOB on my passport is not clearly legible). I realized the error upon entering the US. Now at the time of my first entry to the US, my F1 visa was considered as my ID and DMV refused to consider any change from what was printed on the visa. So the error crept into my state ID/License. Now to maintain uniformity across all documents, this wrong DOB was entered even for my H-1B/LPR filing. I would appreciate any legal advice on how to fix it? is it okay to file the H-1B petition again with the correct dob?

Hi

I am currently on H-1B, though I havent had it stamped on my passport yet. My problem is that the date of birth on my I797 is incorrect. The origin of the error is the fact that my prior F1 visa (I changed status from F1 to H-1B) had a wrong date of birth (the error attributed partly to the US consulate and partly to the fact that DOB on my passport is not clearly legible). I realized the error upon entering the US. Now at the time of my first entry to the US, my F1 visa was considered as my ID and DMV refused to consider any change from what was printed on the visa. So the error crept into my state ID/License. Now to maintain uniformity across all documents, this wrong DOB was entered even for my H-1B/LPR filing. I would appreciate any legal advice on how to fix it? is it okay to file the H-1B petition again with the correct dob?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation