• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or was it your brother???

Comment

• LLLLLLOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR

Comment

• LMAO.

By the way I just realized that someone12 (and possibly others) are not just racists, they are likely white supremasists. Hm, you are wasting YOUR time addressing them, you are only feeding them by giving them attention.

I got tired of reading this thread after a few pages although I was having a blast reading Hm's replies. You're ABSOLUTELY right Hm, pretty much about everything. And you shouldn't come here bowing down to honor the Americans in "who's" country you are residing. People who ask you of that don't deserve it.

What comes to your situation... You'll just have to rise above your circumstances. Try to be successful regardless of your limitations, perhaps you just have to do things differently, your own way. Once you have an influx of money coming in, that's all that matters, you can then wait to become legal forever if you want. If you want healthcare, move to a city that allows it. There are also a lot of cities in the US where the cops won't report you to immigration, I think Seattle is like that. So cover your bases, get money and stay put as long as is needed. Which may be a long time, so try to concentrate on other things in life... Oh, and don't work at places that hire a lot of illegals, because those will get raided.

Comment

• I dont know where you are from, But in the Immigration law it dose state that if a child is brang to the United States by parents, and finishes a U.S. High school and has been here 10 years then they can apply for citizenship,. But you must have proof that you have been in the United State and went to the school, if you would like pm me at nrcm517@yahoo.com

Originally posted by Hm.:
          The subject title basically explains it all. I'm expecting plenty of hateful comments from the majority of you, but there's gotta be at least one person who's willing to offer me some sort of advice.

Well now I'll proceed with my story. My mom, dad, and I came to the US on March 15, 1998. So that's over 8 years of living here illegally... and frankly, it's starting to get on my nerves.

I have family here that IS legal. It is through their "help" that we're able to survive here. Although someone told me that they could have helped us become legal citezens of the US, but now it's too late? I don't know. But if that was the case, THAT would've been really helpful.

Hmm yeah. So I am now in the 9th grade, and I can't help but wonder what my future will hold for me. Not much, from what I can see so far. If I keep living as an illegal immigrant, there will be no doors open for me. And even now, me and my family are unable to get health care due to our illegal status...

Is there anything my family and I can do to become legal citizens of the US? Any sort of advice will be greatly appreciated. Despite me sounding totally fine with this lifestyle I am living, I'm not. It's tearing me up. Thanks.
          Rose

Comment

• "I dont know where you are from, But in the Immigration law it dose state that if a child is brang to the United States by parents, and finishes a U.S. High school and has been here 10 years then they can apply for citizenship,. But you must have proof that you have been in the United State and went to the school, if you would like pm me at nrcm517@yahoo.com"

I'm sorry, but would you care to provide a cite for this? Are you an attorney? I have NEVER heard of such a provision, and, while I'm certainly willing to admit I was in the dark about something, I would think a way of immigrating this important is something I'd have been aware of.

To my knowledge, no such method of legalization exists at this time.

Where are you getting this information?

Comment

• me neither and would love to see supporting evidence of such a ruling..... ????

Comment

• oops pressed too quickly... because that would mean that all illegal kids that get citizenship can then sponsor their illegal parents when they get to 21... isnt that the scenerio that would be produced???

Comment

• This is twice now that Rose has stated something out of the blue in immigration law that folks have never heard before (the other being spouse of USC are automatically considered USC).

As for this one, the closest thing that might support her statement is the DREAM Act, but that one hasn't even been passed yet, and it doesn't address the child's citizenship.

ntfd, what you describe has already been going on for awhile (illegal children born in USA try to sponsors their illegal parents). Hence congress attempt to close the loophole by requiring the child to be 21 years old before they can be sponsor. This is also one of the obstacles the DREAM Act has to overcome.

Comment

• Technically (but importantly) those are not "illegal children", but American citizens.

Comment

• You know. I really dont need to provide you with my source. I suggest that as you are so instrested in the Immigration Law that you contact an attorny, and throw this at them. Because that might be a Big set of ***** you have to swallow when you get the answer. Been ther done that! This is how I know its ture. And secondly! there are certain pervisions that the child would have to abide by, Such as not helping the parents. And for that matter, The parents would automaticly be deported back to there homeland country!
                      These are children WHO GREW UP IN OUR COUNTRY, with our laws and have abided by them. They have gone to our schools.. So there for in all legal sence they are considered to be American Citizens.

Originally posted by marmaduk:
                      This is twice now that Rose has stated something out of the blue in immigration law that folks have never heard before (the other being spouse of USC are automatically considered USC).

As for this one, the closest thing that might support her statement is the DREAM Act, but that one hasn't even been passed yet, and it doesn't address the child's citizenship.

ntfd, what you describe has already been going on for awhile (illegal children born in USA try to sponsors their illegal parents). Hence congress attempt to close the loophole by requiring the child to be 21 years old before they can be sponsor. This is also one of the obstacles the DREAM Act has to overcome.
                      Rose

Comment

• Uh...yeah, that's what I was beginning to think. Rosen, I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong and you don't appear to know what you are talking about.

I am an attorney, and have been practicing immigration law for many years now. There is no such provision. Further, an illegal child, let's say brought over with their parents from Mexico at the age of 8 months, raised here, who went to school for years, maybe even graduated high school here, is still not considered a citizen. They are not under the law, and they are still just as removable as someone who entered without inspection yesterday.

Just ask ICE...unfortunately, the law currently doesn't care particularly how long an illegal has been here except for certain rare forms of relief, such as withholding of removal when present for 10 years and having USC immediate relatives (wife and kids for instance).

An child illegally here for 5, 10, even 20 years with illegal parents is removable along with the folks.

Comment

• thats why i said illegal kids and not usc kids.. i know the difference.. just about : ) But i would like to see where Rosie can support the claim if it is so correct.. I have never heard of such pooop and if i have to swallow then i want proof of what i am swallowing for...i dont think for one moment that just because i abide by the laws of the land that i get preferencial treatmnet and the rules and regulations pertaining to immigration go to c r a p.... ummm dont think so somehow.. but hey if i got to eat my words just show me where it says that because i am **** sure there will be a running to the offices of USCIS for confirmation...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation