Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Files I-130 6 years ago & no approval yet, HELP!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files I-130 6 years ago & no approval yet, HELP!

Hi
    I am a US citizen. I file I-130 forms for my sibling 6 years ago (May 2002) and I did receive a receipt notice and that it was sent to the Texas service Center. I received a transfer notice December 2006 stating that the application has been transfered to California Cervice Center. The processing date for an I-130 for a sibling at CSC is April 2001. I know I am still within the processing times of I-130. However, I never received an approval for my application. Is this normal?
    My husband just applied the same for for his brother August 2007 and he already got an approval notice and the application was sent to the national visa center.
    How come I wait 6 years with no approval and he gets one within months for the same type of application? who shall I contact regarding this?

Please help
    Thank you

Hi
    I am a US citizen. I file I-130 forms for my sibling 6 years ago (May 2002) and I did receive a receipt notice and that it was sent to the Texas service Center. I received a transfer notice December 2006 stating that the application has been transfered to California Cervice Center. The processing date for an I-130 for a sibling at CSC is April 2001. I know I am still within the processing times of I-130. However, I never received an approval for my application. Is this normal?
    My husband just applied the same for for his brother August 2007 and he already got an approval notice and the application was sent to the national visa center.
    How come I wait 6 years with no approval and he gets one within months for the same type of application? who shall I contact regarding this?

Please help
    Thank you

Comment

your husband is the luckiest man alive! usually the process takes up to 10 years. Of always feel free to contact them. remember they work for you.

Comment

I understand it is nice to get something from USCIS (especially an approval) but in family preferance categories, timming of I-130 approval doesn't really matter as long as it happens before priority date -PD-is about to become current. PD current is a condition for the process to continue. It takes about 10-23 years (depending on the sibling's home country) for PD to become current.

If your and your husband's siblings are from the same country, your brother/sister will still be able to immigrate 5-7 years before your husband's.

As you say, you are still within the processing time for I-130 approval.

Comment

Thank you for all the input

Comment

The difference is that 6 years ago, the USCIS handled everything and the I-130 approval meant something different. Now, all it means is that they've given preliminary approval and shipped it off to the NVC. It's the NVC that works out what preference category you're in and sits on it until the priority date comes around. The time lines are unchanged, just the hoops are different
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

my sister filed my I-130 in july of last year and i had t provided some information for uscis they wanted some thing to show that my father and i had a father daughter relationship before turning 21 because i add my fathers name on my birth papers at age 29. after i submitted that on nov 2007 they wrote for more imformation i sent that to them by march 08 and i got approved on march 8, 08, approval is just to approved the I-130 then i got a letter after it went to nvc to say that becasue of the category which is f-4 i must now wait untill a visa number becomes available which could take years so i think you should call them about it or use the eac number on the receipt letter form them on their web site to find out what happen i think it take 10 years so your husband brother have a long time to go sorry

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation