Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronzelady, question about I-130/I-485

I'm marrying a US Citizen and would like to know about the background check for I-130 application. If a parent of my spouse does not have a legal status in the US, will that be a problem? What kind of background check do they perform? I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

**it seems like my in-law is illegal, although he's been in the country for decades and his wife & children are U.S. citizens. Will his status hinder my I-485 process?**

I'm marrying a US Citizen and would like to know about the background check for I-130 application. If a parent of my spouse does not have a legal status in the US, will that be a problem? What kind of background check do they perform? I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

**it seems like my in-law is illegal, although he's been in the country for decades and his wife & children are U.S. citizens. Will his status hinder my I-485 process?**

Comment

I don't think they even perform a background check until later in the process, but I'm not positive. You might want to ask Bronzelady.
      Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed