Alternative DMV ID?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A US Passport only has biographic data (perhaps an Israeli Passport is different ??)

You don't need to establish your immigration status to obtain a bank account. Chevy Chase bank for example, opens accounts for undocumented people everyday. Each bank does have different sets of rules.....so is best to research online.

Comment

What about an employer? How would they do the background checks or verifications without identification?

Comment

First, you do have a picture ID issued by the US Government...your EAD card.

Second, you can process an Israeli passport for $50.

Comment

Yes, my EAD does have a picture. However, it does not have my address.

Yes, I sent off an email to the consulate asking if a passport will have my home address. I'll have to wait for their response, they don't want people calling them (as stated on their site).

Thanks for your suggestion, I hope the passport will work out.

By the way, how long does it usually take to have the passport in your hand? Weeks?

Comment

inquiry ...what state do you live in???

Comment

Have you tried getting a driver's license instead? or asking to speak to a supervisor. You can alse take your electricity bill with your EAD and social security card to the bank. I am sure that the DMV gave you a receipt when you went to visit them, take it with you to the bank.
              Perhaps your demeanor is not helping you!

Comment

I live in the State of California.

A driver's license and State ID are the same thing, the only difference being you cannot drive with the latter.

I am 20 years old and still live with my parent, so I don't have my own bills to show proof. And yes, they did give me a receipt, but on it it says "Not A Verified Identification."

Comment

u have the same problem with a friend of mine.. but in her case she has only a passport and a SS# (not valid for employment) and a city college school id. we are plannig of opening a bank account next week. she has no state id or DL. same with ur case.. her parents overstayed their tourist visa..and their case is still in process. btw, i think passports have no home address in it. do they really need the home address? how about bills or letters? can it be a proof? or school stuff?

Comment

Maybe the consulate to your county will issue a consular id card with your address. Many consulates do this. It is not accepted by everyone, since it is issued by a foreign government, but it's worth looking into.
                    Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed