•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBKHBK
    replied
    Vovan, you agree with me.Hehe - its cool

but seriously though,its a waste of money hiring a lawyer that does not even do your paperwork himself.So why even bother paying him $1.000 - $1.500 dollars...gosh,thats a lot of money for something anyone can do.
    Read it,take your time...read it again..fill it out.Get all the stuff paperwork,evidence they ask you to submit,and only applies to you.Make of everyhting a copy,sent the application via certified mail with return receipt.And before you sent it,have a 2nd person,look at it,in case you over looked something or made a typo.It really helps....

Bottom line, don't waste your money please!

Leave a comment:

• Vovan
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
    To me,this is the dumbest thing anyone in this world could ever do, have an application fill out by an attorney,and pay around $1000-$1500.

Its an application for crying out loud,it asks you questions,and you fill it out.That simple.

I will never understand how "dumb" people, waste their money on application, a 5th grader could fill out,and letting an attorney do it.
    Amd ever attorney laugh at that and see's that as free money,since the attorney himself never even looks at the paperwork once haha...
    He lets his "cheap" paralegal fill it out.

Listen...the only time you would actually and truly need an attorney to fill and do anything,if it has to do with court oder,or removale,or something very complicated...

but filling out the application and paper work,for becoming a resident is one of the easiest thing ever...its a joe to me honestly.
    There was someone befopre who wanted to hire an attorney to have his application for 1.500 bucks fill out for the N400.

Just do it yourself,unless you are truly mentally ill or have an IQ lower than a 5ht grader. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the very least I can agree with you on this topic. I did it myself. My friend's lawyer told him to gather all of the information so his paralegal can fill it out. And after all paralegal made like 7 mistakes on the application. He entered wrong DOB and other stuff.
    If you have a straight case uscis.gov got all of the info you need.
    Just remember. Reading is fundamental. Read all of the instructions and you will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Josafat2007
    replied
    yepPPPPPP i AGREE WITH ALL THIS PEOPLE I DID IT BY MYSELF IS JUST A MATTER OF READDDDDD..... TAKE SOME TME, BE VERY CAREFULL, KEP COPIES OF EVERYSINGLE THING U SEND, KEEP EVERYTHING IN TAGGED FILES, IS IMPORTANT ISN IT. IF THE CASE IS COMPLICATED FOR SOME REASON ID SAY GO AHEAD AND HIRE ONE OF THOSE SHARKS BUT IF THAT IS NOT THE CASE DO N O T THROW MONEY AWAY

Leave a comment:

• grizzly
    replied
    I must agree HBKHBK. Don't wonder when the case is delayed and then you find out the lawyer messed up but did not tel you so they can get more money out of you. I know people who had this happen to them. My dad, quite a few years back, fired his lawyer because he was just for money and making different excuses of this and that. The application is fairly simple. Some people get scared because it is USCIS. So what... the instructions are straight forward. Sometimes you do not even read all the instructions because they do not apply to you. It is not difficult. The difficult part is puuting the evidence together. The only reason for being hard is because you have to dig through papers and find different things and then make sure that it is in the format USCIS wants. If you are willing to pay a lawyer... I will do it for half of that price and guarantee you everything completed within a reasonable amount of tie. Do not get a lawyer... most of the instructions are clear enough to understand in you know how to read.

Leave a comment:

• HBKHBK
    replied
    To me,this is the dumbest thing anyone in this world could ever do, have an application fill out by an attorney,and pay around $1000-$1500.

Its an application for crying out loud,it asks you questions,and you fill it out.That simple.

I will never understand how "dumb" people, waste their money on application, a 5th grader could fill out,and letting an attorney do it.
    Amd ever attorney laugh at that and see's that as free money,since the attorney himself never even looks at the paperwork once haha...
    He lets his "cheap" paralegal fill it out.

Listen...the only time you would actually and truly need an attorney to fill and do anything,if it has to do with court oder,or removale,or something very complicated...

but filling out the application and paper work,for becoming a resident is one of the easiest thing ever...its a joe to me honestly.
    There was someone befopre who wanted to hire an attorney to have his application for 1.500 bucks fill out for the N400.

Just do it yourself,unless you are truly mentally ill or have an IQ lower than a 5ht grader.

Leave a comment:

• ntfd3
    replied
    oops i forgot... fees... I paid in total a little short of $1000 that is including my medical examination.

Leave a comment:

• ntfd3
    replied
    the work permit is approx 90 days after u file the paperwork.... providing u supply the correct paperwork as requested on the forms, and why would u want a lawyer to fill out the paper work, u can obviously read and write? If u have a few issues that might in your opinion hinder ur application then maybe its a good idea, but if its a straight forward application, its pretty simple.

Leave a comment:

• Ginggerine
    replied
    Hi

I'll be filing for permanent residency after marriying a US Citizen. I rather have a lawyer do the paperwork for me. What can I expect to pay in fess?

What's average, or reasonable or typical around the country or here in California?

Also, how long is the current wait period for the work permit after I file?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ginggerine
    started a topic Attorney fees: what's the average?

Attorney fees: what's the average?

Hi

I'll be filing for permanent residency after marriying a US Citizen. I rather have a lawyer do the paperwork for me. What can I expect to pay in fess?

What's average, or reasonable or typical around the country or here in California?

Also, how long is the current wait period for the work permit after I file?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation